Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold Bug Pro & G2 not the same

Well from what LuckLarry said that the Gold Bug Pro & the G2 are a bit different...... He has read that the latest G2 has had a little bit of extra (minor) factory tweaking.......So that mean's they are not same as we are being told................. I don't think that some of the dealers know about that................. Or don't want to tell?

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
Re: Gold Bug Pro & G2 not the same

I don't think it a secret. Most if not all First Texas machings can show
which version thy are by holding a button down at start up.
The T2 , the oldest of the new line from FT and has had several version changes.
Now if the GB and G2 getting ready to roll off the assembly line this week
are the same or not is hard to say.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other

I have read in some reports (I didn't save them though) that there has been some minor tweaking done to the newest G2 to give it a better taste for silver, and in fact if you examine the following site and the G2 breakdown you will notice that there does seem to be an increased sensitivity to silver.

Where it reads; "The Highest Sensitivity to the smallest Gold Silver targets at extreme depths" may not be perfect sentence structure or grammar, but it's indicative and remarkable anyway: Personally though, I would prefer the handle on the GB Pro because it would have a stop for the first finger to keep my hand from slipping off: BTW, am I dilusional or is the GB Pro cheaper at this site than at KellyCo?

www.stores.goldenroad-enterprises.com/-strse-153/TEKNETICS-G2-Metal-Detector/Detail.bok

www.stores.goldenroad-enterprises.com/StoreFront.bok

www.GoldenRoadDetectors.com

LL

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

LL ... i think you forgot the www..................... www.goldenroaddetectors.com ........ Kellyco and golden road both sell the GB Pro with 5 inch coil for $649.00.................

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other

Ok thanks Keppy.

Yes, I see that it doesn't have the www. I normally use the mouse and drag it to where I post but it didn't work in this case. Computers are not exactly in my most important of interests, I'd rather be elk hunting. I basically tolerate the things although I have taken classes in their formats. I'll change that post.

I wish I could find that one vid with LowBoy and Lawrenzo using .. (it was either a GBP or G2). I wonder if they took it off the net?

LL

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

LL ... I went into you tube and put in .. lowboy G2 .. And some videos came up there with some one called lowboy in Calif.............

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other

Lowboy has done some great videos.

Regarding the G2 vs. GBPro (and which rev level) thing, our policy on all our products goes something like this: "Manufacturer reserves the right to improve the product without notice and without obligation to present owners of the same or similar models." All manufacturers I know of have this policy, whether or not they state it. Without such a policy, manufacturing anything but certified reference standard buggy whips would be almost impossible. And, the manufacturer is in charge of deciding what an "improvement" is for the simple reason that the manufacturer understands better how to serve that particular market collectively, than anyone else does. An individual customer may or may not like a particular revision, but that does not necessarily reflect on the wisdom of a particular revision on the part of the manufacturer. In fact the manufacturer often does things which actually benefit the customer even though it may not seem to the customer that it's a benefit. Not just us, but any competent manufacturer does such things.

The G2 and GBPro are functionally the same thing, as several knowledgeable persons have already stated on forums. The differences are in how the machine is packaged and distributed. However, comparing two machines which are not the same rev level may produce different results, as may tests of machines at the same rev level where variables are not held rigorously constant by the person doing the testing.

--Dave J.
Chief Designer, FTP-Fisher

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks Dave!!! :hello:

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks Dave. Now we have the complete story.

LL

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Some people prefer the pistol grip of the Teknetics G2. I personally like the
Fisher Gold Bug DP. Same machine just different shafts.

Feel free to call me with questions on both. Love to help anyone or make you a great deal!

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I always take the time to read whatever you say Dave! All i want to know, is will the G2 detect gold better than the T2. I cant believe how well the T2 works. Love it. Oops i just highjacked this thread. sorry

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

minerjoe said:
I always take the time to read whatever you say Dave! All i want to know, is will the G2 detect gold better than the T2. I cant believe how well the T2 works. Love it. Oops i just highjacked this thread. sorry
That's a good question ???...... I would like to see that answer.......... :headbang:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other

C'mon, you guys, y'all know that questions like that have no straight answer, other than "it depends on the conditions and on the user".

The T2 LTD/SE's in all metals autotune boost mode will generally hit a large nugget deeper than the GB/G2, but will also suffer more from masking from ground pickup.

Most USA gold prospecting areas have shallow soils, nasty ground, small nuggets, and lots of iron trash, all of which tend to favor the GB/G2 over the T2.

--Dave J.

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Ha ha dave! Ah geez. Cant i get a little carried away after a pot of coffee! I'm so exited for this summer, and i guess i need 4 detectors to fill the need. Very true though, how well you know any one detector is what makes "IT" a great detector! Whan really its "YOU"! ha ha gotcha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread