What's new

Gold button. Thanks all for the help.

EARTHWORKS

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
728
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
Can anybody help with this button, I know its civilian and not military but this has to be the most beautiful I have ever seen.
I have been looking at this all afternoon! Great job by Bergie to find this.
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Earthworks...
 

Attachments

  • goldbutton 001.webp
    goldbutton 001.webp
    71 KB · Views: 288
  • goldbutton 002.webp
    goldbutton 002.webp
    66.7 KB · Views: 288
Re: Gold button. How old?

I can't date the button for sure.But I would guess 1820-1870 or close to it.I am sure someone will tell you for sure what date.
I do think that is a cool looking button :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
Re: Gold button. How old?

Albert's list this backmark under the Robinson companies. Time frame 1836-48.

Very nice button and in great condition :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: Gold button. How old?

I've got a couple of cut brass buttons but none as pretty as this one. Mine date to the same period. This may be the first time I've see "corrosion" actually make a button look cool.

Neat find.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Hat Button help
Replies
3
Views
543
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom