What's new

Gold coin exchanged at face value woman was caught

Good I am glad that the people she stole them from will get their coins back ... I wouldnt want mine stolen and if someone did steal mine they probably in the end which that they had given them back , Ed
 
Scalper said:
Good I am glad that the people she stole them from will get their coins back ... I wouldnt want mine stolen and if someone did steal mine they probably in the end which that they had given them back , Ed

Huh?......... What exactly do you mean by this statement Scalper?
 
Im glad she was caught!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
TreasureFiend said:
Im glad she was caught!!!!! :thumbsup:

I am glad she was caught. And the owner will get his coins back. And that he Teller was Fired.

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
Scalper said:
Good I am glad that the people she stole them from will get their coins back ... I wouldnt want mine stolen and if someone did steal mine they probably in the end which that they had given them back , Ed

Huh?......... What exactly do you mean by this statement Scalper?

I tried working my magic and figuring it out and I think he means. "I wouldn't want mine stolen, and if someone did steal mine they probably in the end (after hes done with them) wish that they had given them back."

I could be wrong but thats my guess :coffee2:

To the topic, yeah I'm glad that the cops are able to catch the retarded criminals.
I don't know all the circumstances behind the teller acquiring the coins himself (was he a precious metal collector?, did he know they were in fact worth ~50x face?) So I don't agree with him being fired over buying coins from the bank. But I'm sure its an at-will state so its a moot point anyways.
 
Now if the teller got them from the bank for 20 bucks a piece did he get his money back too?
 
i knew it had to be something like that, i mean, only a thief or a crackhead (or a combination of the two) would cash in gold coins at face. NOBODY is that stupid
 
I'm with silvercop, anybody that enough sense to keep that kind of coinage, would never sell them
at face value
 
coinmojo said:
Scalper said:
Good I am glad that the people she stole them from will get their coins back ... I wouldnt want mine stolen and if someone did steal mine they probably in the end which that they had given them back , Ed

Huh?......... What exactly do you mean by this statement Scalper?


I meant that I am happy that she was caught and if someone stole my coins and I found out who it was it would not be a good for them , Ed
 
i hate a thief. one thing that coin world used to do was follow numismatic thefts, but here lately they have been focusing their efforts in other places from what i have seen.
 
silvercop said:
i knew it had to be something like that, i mean, only a thief or a crackhead (or a combination of the two) would cash in gold coins at face. NOBODY is that stupid

I have that impression that $20 is the smallest unit of the street-drug trade. So when I saw $20 a piece, I just thought of "crackhead"!!
 
What would it happen to any of us if we find coins like the ones stolen at any bank and get them at face value.


Suppose the coins were stolen too and deposited at a bank. The only difference is that the teller did not take them but a CRH got then.


Would we be liable, will police take us to jail?

DW
 
Darth Walker said:
What would it happen to any of us if we find coins like the ones stolen at any bank and get them at face value.
Suppose the coins were stolen too and deposited at a bank. The only difference is that the teller did not take them but a CRH got then.
Would we be liable, will police take us to jail?
DW

No they would have to prove a lot of intent.

I am pretty sure that many of the coins we come into got to the bank in many different ways, some shady

A child dips into dads collection to buy candy. A widower cashes in her deceased husbands rolls of coin found in his desk. And so on. Once they are in the bank get past the tellers and sent out to Brinks or other carrier service it would be impossible to track them down.

So should we all quit CRH'g because a majority of these people aren't getting the fair value of their coins. And we in good conscience should quit doing this because someone was cheated or made a mistake.

I think not.

In this case the guilty parties and their intent was clearly defined.

Also big difference between circulating silver coins and solid Gold DBL. Eagles from the 1800's

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
Darth Walker said:
What would it happen to any of us if we find coins like the ones stolen at any bank and get them at face value.
Suppose the coins were stolen too and deposited at a bank. The only difference is that the teller did not take them but a CRH got then.
Would we be liable, will police take us to jail?
DW

No they would have to prove a lot of intent.

I am pretty sure that many of the coins we come into got to the bank in many different ways, some shady

A child dips into dads collection to buy candy. A widower cashes in her deceased husbands rolls of coin found in his desk. And so on. Once they are in the bank get past the tellers and sent out to Brinks or other carrier service it would be impossible to track them down.

So should we all quit CRH'g because a majority of these people aren't getting the fair value of their coins. And we in good coincence should quit doing this because someone was cheated or made a mistake.

I think not.

In this case the guilty parties and their intent was clealy defined.

Also big difference between circulating siver coins and solid Gold DBL. Eagles from the 1800's

Mojo

great response, mojo!

When any shady goods can not be traced back to their owners, it become lost treasure. We are the treasure hunters and wish the luckiest find them. If you find a $1 gold coin in a penny roll, you keep it! The chance to find a Double Eagle in bank roll is very slim because it doesn't mix well with any type of coins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom