!!!!!!GOLD COIN!!!!

P

PrizmIV

!!!!!!GOLD COIN!!!!

My dad was traveling this week for business and he was in Springfield and stopped at a gas station to get some gas and in front of him was a poor young man. He said that he ran out of money and would they accept wheat's and some other old coins. They said that they didn't really want them but they would take them since he had no money. My dad goes Sir, I will pay for your gas. He thanked happily and blessed him and said that he was a kind man and then gave him the old coins and my dad was like no you can keep them and he said that he must keep them. And my dad goes well I really dint want them but my son does collect coins and then the poor man shoved them in his hand and goes if your son loves to collect them, they are more valuable to him than me. My dad tried to give it to him so many times but he would not take them back. So as it was the guy said you paid for my 10.00 gas there is my $5 coin in there, that If you go to the bank they will exchange it for $5 so it would pay for half of it. My dad gave it to me tonight. In it was a Stella penny 40 EARLY wheat's non above 1917, a war coin, and a 1999 $5 Eagle 1/10 oz gold. I feel bad, but then feel good at the same time....Dang! I hate mixed emotions! HH Jonathan ;)

Attachments

• 000_0497.JPG
    000_0497.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 759
Upvote 0

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Re: !!!!!!GOLD COIN!!!!

REALLY hate to bring this up, but I would have your dad check with the local Police just to make sure there were not any "break-ins" in the area recently. The kid obviously had NO idea what he had, so more than likely, they were not his to give away.

I remember when I was young, a kid gave my sister a gold ring to go "steady". It turns out it was a gold class ring that belonged to the daughter of someone whose house had been broken into and burglerized. The kid had NO IDEA what it was worth & never even considered it would get him busted. Funny thing though .... my sister was not even that good looking. ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GOOD FOR YOUR DAD , Jonathan !

He sounds Like A VERY DECENT Person, &

If your Anything Like him you's both Definately Deserved the Coins.

In these Days of Mistrust & selfishness, It's nice to read about Good Deeds

And their Conciquences.

CONGRATS !
To Both of you.

JEFF

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont

Jonathan. It sounds like your Dad is a very kind and considerate man. Whatever you decide to do, just follow what your heart is telling you and you will not got wrong. Thanks for sharing...Lance

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

Jonathan, great story. Sounds like your dad is a great guy. I'm sure he's your idol and just follow in his footsteps and you can't go wrong.

HH 8) surfrat

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa said:
GOOD FOR YOUR DAD , Jonathan !

He sounds Like A VERY DECENT Person, &

If your Anything Like him you's both Definately Deserved the Coins.

? In these Days of Mistrust & selfishness, It's nice to read about Good Deeds

And their Conciquences.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? CONGRATS !
To Both of you.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? JEFF

? ? ?

I agree 100% especially the part about Mistrust & selfishness, the people show little respect for things these days. If I was your dad and these people are sincere... This is just me! If at all possible, I would take the time to find the poor family and give them the $55.00 the coin is worth. (Maybe -$10.00 for the gas ;D )

Great scores!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Gold rules planet earth!! (and that's the truth)

Attachments

• goldcoins.jpg
    goldcoins.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 525
  • goldcoins.jpg
    goldcoins.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 541

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions: