Silver, Wheats a Buffalo and all on vacation.....

krimic

Mar 28, 2005
Metro East, Illinois
Hi all it has been quite sometime since I last posted on here.. Just havn't had the time to go out detecting.. Still keeping up on posts though and it seems like everybody has been having a descent summer.. Anyway while on vacation got out for a couple hours before the wife and daugther got up and got in some detecting time... We went on vacation to the Lake of the Ozarks.. Just so happens that we lived there for about three years at one point and time.. So I know the area pretty good.. I came across three houses that are slated for destruction and I know have been there quite sometime.. So I decided to check them out after detecting for about 30 minutes I came across the Buffalo and 2 wheat pennies.. Then came the crown jewel a silver quarter which I had never found one before so that really made my day.... Finding the silver rosie was just icing on the cake.. So all and all for 3 hours I was having the time of my life..
Total '43 Washington, '58D Rosie, '36 Buffalo, '49D, '45, '44, '46S, '45, '51D Wheaties and don't forget the boyscout neckerchief slide.. Hope everyone enjoy what summer is left and stay cool HH

Attachments

• vacation.jpg
    vacation.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 333
  • vacation01.jpg
    vacation01.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 312
Upvote 0
Nice haul krimic!! WTG!!HH

Krimic

Which side of the lake? I have family (my Ansieters) and property on the West side.

Great Finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....looks like I better get back down to the lake a little more often.

DiggerDude101 said:
Krimic

Which side of the lake?? ? I have family (my? Ansieters) and property on the West side.

Great Finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....looks like I better get back down to the lake a little more often.
These were found real close to the dam.. That whole area where the strip is all originated in the forties.. I'm thinking real hard of going back just for a couple days just to detect....

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Great silver finds, but where is the scan of the other coins!?

Keep @ it and HH!!
Here are the rest of the coins!!

Attachments

• DSC00528.JPG
    DSC00528.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC00530.JPG
    DSC00530.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 155

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back