gold coins

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ole.Grubstake said:
Here's some of mine
Ole Grubstake
I notice that there are some Anglo/Saxon gold coins in your mix(very impressive). Did you detect them in the UK or did you buy them? If you detected them, how did you deal with the "Treasure Trove" laws?

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a question on the U.K. Detector Net the other week re gold finds. Not on that forum myself but it seems not many have found gold and of those that have, with one or two exceptions, have only found two or three which seems pretty poor.
No reason not to declare finds in the U.K. as you either get them back or the value (granted I've had had finds that dealers have offered double the initial Treasure Trove valuation).
Treasure is coins/items over 300 years old with at least 10% gold or silver and at least two of them in the area. If less than 10% precious metal then there must be at least 10 to come under the provisions. So you can find many single gold coins in different/distant areas without worry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread