What's new

Gold in Michigan??? Quick Draw II work???

dehaan24

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2007
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW LP Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
I am new to mding and will be using a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II. Will it pick up gold deposits? Will I find gold in Michigan??
 
Upvote 0
mostly flour gold in mi. but there is hard rock gold in the U.P. i dont think you will have much luck, better off with a pan
 
The machine will find gold... the question is, will you put the machien over the gold to find it? ;)
 
I've done a lot of research on gold in Michigan and you won't find any hard rock possibilites in the lower peninsula. The bedrock layer is too deep. However, placer or flour gold can be found in many streams and rivers in the lower and panning is the usual method. In the Upper Peninsula where bedrock is exposed or near the surface there are old gold mines that did produce sometimes considerable quantities and I suppose you could head up there and start whacking away with a pick on public land.

Jim
 
thank you for the useful replies
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom