Gold on Mars!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think any planet in our solar system has the tectonic foundation to produce that much GOOD STUFF

The photos in the video certainy show gold colored material, but as we know...all the glitters isn't necessarily gold

the planets all had the same source material when they formed. Mars could absolutely have gold it has many of the same minerals as earth.

It also has/had volcano's and "Marsquakes"

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres no way to say whats in the video is not gold. as no samples have been returned.

it sure looks like it especially the pieces of "float"

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Heavy elements like gold, osmium, palladium, etc. are not produced
by plate tectonic's.

The prevailing theory was that gold was produced in supernova's, but
there's some newer research that shows that the heaviest elements have
only been forged during the collision of two neutron stars. When neutron
stars collide it's about the most powerful, violent and explosive event in the universe.

Here is an outstanding article that explains it all, and in understandable language.

https://www.quantamagazine.org/did-...-forge-the-universes-supply-of-gold-20170323/

That wonderful yellow metal we dig out of the ground traveled a long,
long ways to get here. :occasion14:

I think the point is it takes tectonics to concentrate the goodies into economic deposits. Creating stuff is for alchemists :)

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I knew a geologist (sorta famous) who spent our winters down on the bottom part of this marble. It was very expensive to do so, lucky for him the gov funded it. His claim was that if platinum ingots were stacked on the shores of Antarctica you couldn't afford to go get them :D

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if martian GOLD WOULD BE WORTH MORE THAN American GOLD

From a marketing point of view, if it ever got here, it would command an enormous premium... until/unless it arrived in huge quantities.

The Martians themselves don't value it very highly on account of the quantities they have. Generally they use it for making lamp posts, street signs and spittoons. Aluminium, on the other hand, is highly prized and the Martian Emperor Zartog II is said to have had a tiny crown made from it. In trading terms, one ring-pull would get you about 6.3 zillograms of Martian gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread