What's new

GOLD ring ~ 5 silver coins ~ 22 wheat cents ~ MORE

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello!

Wayne and I took a trip up to Portland today to do some detecting. It was such a nice day today there ~ not too hot, upper 70's! PERFECT for detecting . . . . but the ground there was mostly pretty dry and hard because last week there was a couple days of upper 90's and even a 100 degree day!

I started out the day out with GOLD!! Marked 14K, with 4 little diamonds on top. it weights 6 grams! WOOHOO!! Here's a break down of what else I dug today:

3 Mercury dimes (1943, 1944, & 1944-s)
2 Roosevelt dimes (1952-s & 1957-D)
22 wheat cents dating from 1917 to 1958 (including a 1926-S)
17 clad quarters
19 clad dimes
15 nickels (including a 1940 & 1952)
51 copper memorial cents
1935 Washington sales tax token
Jantzen Beach Merry-Go-Round token

Wayne dug a couple silver Rosie dimes, a war nickel, a sterling ring, and several wheats and a bunch of clad too! It was a great day!

Thanks for looking!
Neil
 

Attachments

  • August22-2012ringASdug.webp
    August22-2012ringASdug.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 436
  • August22-2012coinsDIRTY.webp
    August22-2012coinsDIRTY.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 131
  • August22-2012coinsCLEAN.webp
    August22-2012coinsCLEAN.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 127
  • August22-2012ringONscale.webp
    August22-2012ringONscale.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 138
  • August22-2012wheat1917&1921.webp
    August22-2012wheat1917&1921.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 137
  • August22-2012wheat1926.webp
    August22-2012wheat1926.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 6
Nice! I really a thinking of buying a detector. I just can't see myself with any time to do it.
 
Excellent hunt Neil....congrats on all the keepers.
Gold, silver, tokens, clad........nice!
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Dude,that is a stellar hunt! That one will be hard to beat.
 
Like your ring,he ain't heavy he's my brother,,WTG:icon_thumright:,great find on the coins as well awesome,,HH
 
Great Hunt... What are you using to be able to pull the dates off those coins like that?
 
WldBil . . . . to get close-up pic's of the date area I use a stereo microscope and hold the camera right up on the eye piece!
 
Nice haul!! Looks like ya'll pillaged that cove!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom