What's new

Four Silvers and a Pile of Wheat!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,893
Reaction score
47,448
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a permission from a 1930's property. Only got through the front yard today, will hit the back yard tomorrow.
I dug up a small mountain of trash, plus:
$11.42 in clad,
22 wheat cents,
a couple of buttons,
a toy gun hammer,
two (rough) silver dimes,
a 1943-d nickel,
and a little Sterling Navaho ring.
IMG_1226.webp
IMG_1227.webp
IMG_1228.webp
IMG_1229.webp
IMG_1230.webp


One of the dimes is a 1946 (can't tell if there's a mint mark) and the other has a S mint mark but the date is not legible.
The wheat cents are:
1936
1940-s
1942
1944-d (x2)
1945-s (x2)
1946-s
1946
1947-s
1949-s (x2)
1950-s
1951-s (x2)
1951-d
1954-d
1956-d (x2)
1958-d


Here's the refuse pile (including the zincolns that I didn't think would make it through the coin machine);
IMG_1231.webp



Pretty fun yard with lots of targets. Clearly somebody hunted it previously and only dug the silver coin signals. Both dimes, and the ring were deep, almost out of range for the D2.

I'll go back and hit the small back yard tomorrow.
 
Upvote 27
Got a permission from a 1930's property. Only got through the front yard today, will hit the back yard tomorrow.
I dug up a small mountain of trash, plus:
$11.42 in clad,
22 wheat cents,
a couple of buttons,
a toy gun hammer,
two (rough) silver dimes,
a 1943-d nickel,
and a little Sterling Navaho ring.
View attachment 2251836View attachment 2251837View attachment 2251838View attachment 2251839View attachment 2251841

One of the dimes is a 1946 (can't tell if there's a mint mark) and the other has a S mint mark but the date is not legible.
The wheat cents are:
1936
1940-s
1942
1944-d (x2)
1945-s (x2)
1946-s
1946
1947-s
1949-s (x2)
1950-s
1951-s (x2)
1951-d
1954-d
1956-d (x2)
1958-d


Here's the refuse pile (including the zincolns that I didn't think would make it through the coin machine);
View attachment 2251843


Pretty fun yard with lots of targets. Clearly somebody hunted it previously and only dug the silver coin signals. Both dimes, and the ring were deep, almost out of range for the D2.

I'll go back and hit the small back yard tomorrow.
Good job, my friend—it looks like it was a good day.
 
The Great Seal button looks like a more modern version yet uses the Scovill back mark from 1850-1865. SCOVILL MF'G CO. WATERBURY, they must have used that well after 1865.
 
Love that silver ring, congrats on the $11.42 in cash too.
I can't help but wonder what's in the soil there that corroded those silvers so bad though? :icon_scratch:
They almost look like coins that have been exposed to salt water.
Dave
 
Very nice, I like that Great Seal Button and all of the silvers.
 
Love that silver ring, congrats on the $11.42 in cash too.
I can't help but wonder what's in the soil there that corroded those silvers so bad though? :icon_scratch:
They almost look like coins that have been exposed to salt water.
Dave
This was from Boulder City, and I've noticed a lot of the silver coins I find there look like that. I'm sure the water used for irrigation was from the Colorado river. Makes me wonder about all the bass I eat from Lake Mead. :dontknow: 🧐
 
Got a permission from a 1930's property. Only got through the front yard today, will hit the back yard tomorrow.
I dug up a small mountain of trash, plus:
$11.42 in clad,
22 wheat cents,
a couple of buttons,
a toy gun hammer,
two (rough) silver dimes,
a 1943-d nickel,
and a little Sterling Navaho ring.
View attachment 2251836View attachment 2251837View attachment 2251838View attachment 2251839View attachment 2251841

One of the dimes is a 1946 (can't tell if there's a mint mark) and the other has a S mint mark but the date is not legible.
The wheat cents are:
1936
1940-s
1942
1944-d (x2)
1945-s (x2)
1946-s
1946
1947-s
1949-s (x2)
1950-s
1951-s (x2)
1951-d
1954-d
1956-d (x2)
1958-d


Here's the refuse pile (including the zincolns that I didn't think would make it through the coin machine);
View attachment 2251843


Pretty fun yard with lots of targets. Clearly somebody hunted it previously and only dug the silver coin signals. Both dimes, and the ring were deep, almost out of range for the D2.

I'll go back and hit the small back yard tomorrow.
Great hunt with a ton of wheats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom