What's new

Gold ring found wading

mike b

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
538
Reaction score
2,867
Golden Thread
0
Location
STATEN ISLAND NY
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I braved the wind, cold and rough water yesterday and found 6 Toasted wheat pennies and a barely recognizable mercury dime then this 7.2 Gram 14K whiteish gold ring with a red stone. I had to break out the wetsuit to stay warm.
 

Attachments

  • RUB.webp
    RUB.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 171
  • RUBY1.webp
    RUBY1.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 52
A real Beauty. Congratulations!
 
I braved the wind, cold and rough water yesterday and found 6 Toasted wheat pennies and a barely recognizable mercury dime then this 7.2 Gram 14K whiteish gold ring with a red stone. I had to break out the wetsuit to stay warm.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!! Stamp inside the band?
 
Nice recovery.
 
Did you find the owner ?
 
Did you find the owner ?
I would need a time machine to find the owner! Growing up here and being very familiar with the area I've never seen anyone swim in this area. There was a swim club and boat club exactly on this spot but Hurricane Donna in 1960 destroyed it, never to be rebuilt. I'm confident in estimating that ring was lost 65+ years ago.
 
I myself enjoy making people happy and some times choke up lol
 
I myself enjoy making people happy and some times choke up lol
I have returned close to two dozen items to the owners but rarely post about it. Here is an example of one that was caught by my dive partner a few years ago.
 
I braved the wind, cold and rough water yesterday and found 6 Toasted wheat pennies and a barely recognizable mercury dime then this 7.2 Gram 14K whiteish gold ring with a red stone. I had to break out the wetsuit to stay warm.
sweet ring, wtg and brave the elements!
 
GREAT VIDEO !!! FANTASTIC recovery :) Thank you for sharing with us.
 
I braved the wind, cold and rough water yesterday and found 6 Toasted wheat pennies and a barely recognizable mercury dime then this 7.2 Gram 14K whiteish gold ring with a red stone. I had to break out the wetsuit to stay warm.
So you are saying there is gold at the end of a rainbow and ruby red could be a color found on a gold ring Nice find!!!
 
I braved the wind, cold and rough water yesterday and found 6 Toasted wheat pennies and a barely recognizable mercury dime then this 7.2 Gram 14K whiteish gold ring with a red stone. I had to break out the wetsuit to stay warm.
Nice find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom