What's new

gold ring ?

rush

Full Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2009
Messages
130
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I've got a ring with a diamond maybe only marks it has it three dots or indents... what does the three dots mean ? Will try to get a pic Thanks for any help ! :icon_sunny: :sign13:
 
Here are some pics !!! ranpic 071 (Small).webpranpic 070 (Small).webpranpic 072 (Small).webpranpic 074 (Small).webpTHANKS
 
Upvote 0
rush said:
Here are some pics !!!



THANKS
gold is generally marked with 10, 14, 18 k or the decimal system .585 for 14, .750 for 18 K. can you post better pic of the mark try a magnifying glass. BK
 
Upvote 0
rush said:
It's marked With three dots only ...
:dontknow: maybe someone can ID the dots? possibly braille? still :dontknow:
three dots looks like decimal system maybe a bad impression? try squinting lol.
 
Upvote 0
Here ya go this the best I can do !ranpic 163 (Small).webpranpic 166 (Small).webpIf you still can't see it please download pics and zoom in Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
More than likely the 3 dots are a Maker's Mark.
Breezie
 
Upvote 0
What does it stand for and what maker do you think ? Thankyou BREEZIE
 
Upvote 0
rush said:
What does it stand for and what maker do you think ? Thankyou BREEZIE

There is really no way of knowing unless the particular 'maker' of the ring is reknown. I would suggest to take it to a jeweler to have it tested to see if it is real gold or gold platitum mixed etc. Most reliable jewelry stores will test it free, especially if you tell them, 'If this is real, I'm thinking about hiring you to polish it.; This is what I did the last time I found a gold/diamond ring, and after finding out it was the real deal, I paid them $25.00 to polish it, and it looks brand new. Also, the jeweler may also be familiar with the maker's marks. Good Luck, and keep us posted. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
>:(:(It turnd out to be plated and a fake stone Thanks for the help !
 
Upvote 0
rush said:
>:(It turnd out to be plated and a fake stone Thanks for the help !

It was still a nice find! Finding jewelry always excites me whether it is costume or real. Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom