Gold Rush: White Water

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old_man_talking.gif
FWIW - the other night I came across the show. I thought the show was new and went over to DVR all future episodes. I was surprised to find that they were all available as though it was an old show. Anyway, got real comfortable and watch the entire season! :laughing7:

G

ghostminer

Yep, just got done watching all 8 episodes on demand. I really enjoyed it.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they should have taken some experienced dredgers with them, on the fly over
I could see most of the creek was just a get in, find the gold line and start dredging.
some of the faster areas you learn to dredge with one hand on the nozzle the other holding the bottom.
when not dredging the deep spots they could be long arming the edges without getting too cold.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There was stated a fear of larger rocks coming down the stream and hitting the dredger in the head. A turkey wire stretched across the stream would catch most of the rocks. However there would be less drama for the film crew.....LOL

OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big rocks aren't going to just come bouncing down the creek, they have to be dislodged or undermined. If you work from the top down and not into the face of your dredge hole and winch out the big ones as you uncover them...no problem

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big rocks aren't going to just come bouncing down the creek, they have to be dislodged or undermined. If you work from the top down and not into the face of your dredge hole and winch out the big ones as you uncover them...no problem
On a low water flow this is true. On a high water flow anything can be moving down a creek. This one once saw boulders the size of small cars rolling down over a river bed and even a small barn going down the river.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread