What's new

Gold With New CTX 3030

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2009
Messages
2,334
Reaction score
1,306
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bradenton, Fl
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out with our company from Denmark to the beach today. While they were relaxing in the sun I decided to continue learning my new CTX 3030 which I recently purchased. I didn't expect to find much due to so many hunters have been hitting the wet sand lately. I got a really nice clear low tone even though the meter numbers were not what I expected to be gold. I dug up a very nice ladies 10kt. white gold Keepsake diamond ring. Made my day!!
 

Attachments

  • Tday 001.webp
    Tday 001.webp
    163.5 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 0
Very nice! How are you liking that dirty30 in the saltwater?
 
Nice find Les! WTG !!!
 
Nice find Les,enjoy that 3030 they are fun to hunt with
 
Heck of a find Les...congrats...now that you have the 3030 can I have old Betsy? :laughing7:
 
Last edited:
Sweet ticket - Congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Les: The FE CO numbers can be all over the place as Gold is an alloy. 10 Karat Gold is only 41.7% Gold - the legal limit for real gold in the USA. Which means that the ring is 58.3% something else. Such as, copper, nickel, palladium, silver and zinc. Also, the alloy is often coated with rhodium to make it harder and look brighter. White Gold is an alloy of yellow gold mixed with white metals, usually, Manganese, Nickel, or Palladium.

For Gold & Silver: First - I would rely more on the tone than the numbers with the CTX 3030. Second - Then on where the target is displayed on the detect screen.

The Fe Co numbers are consistent in identifying US coins such as the Clad Quarter, Penny, Nickel, and pull tabs.
 
Last edited:
Wow very nice ring. And February 14th is right around the corner.
 
That's a beauty Les!
 
Very nice score. My highlight of the day at the beach was a 1956 Lincoln. :icon_thumright:
 
Great find Cous!! You'll have that 3030 down in no time!! Ray
 
Paying for that Baby!! And a great start...:headbang:
 
Well, I never thought I'd see the day.... poor Betsy must really be jealous having to share a storage area with such a young geekie detector like that!
Congrats on the CTX and the gold... it won't be the last!
Keep that seal and sealing area clean
Pull the battery at the car if you can after you are done for the day to ensure your seal ....sealed!
I second what Sir Gala Clad said about the numbers....of course you have a good buddy that probably has told you all of this already!

Cliff
 
I have found that the CTX numbers up to 11" deep are pretty accurate. The detector does not show depths greater than 12" but it will signal on a target deeper than 12". However, at depths greater than 12" the numbers seem to bounce all over the place. HH, Beach Papa
 
Heck of a find Les...congrats...now that you have the 3030 can I have old Betsy? :laughing7:

Old Betsy is still my favorite but I want to prepare myself for her departure to detector heaven due to her old age and frailties. The other day I had to give her CPR , luckily, she came to.
 
That's a real beauty Les ....... Glad to see your beaches giving up some gold and congrats on your new CTX !!
 
Old Betsy is still my favorite but I want to prepare myself for her departure to detector heaven due to her old age and frailties. The other day I had to give her CPR , luckily, she came to.

Old Betsy is a legendary machine I'm honored to have been able to swing it and actually find some gold with it...... Thanks again Les !!
 
Very nice ring. I am getting ctx 3030 next week. Going to replace the sov gt and ex cal. Hopefully in time for springbreak here in tx. Been off forum for 2 years. Am back now and retired. Missed ya all
 
Very nice ring. I am getting ctx 3030 next week. Going to replace the sov gt and ex cal. Hopefully in time for springbreak here in tx. Been off forum for 2 years. Am back now and retired. Missed ya all
Good to see you back online! I might hang on to your Excal just in case. You'll love the CTX after the first hunt!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom