What's new

Gold With New CTX 3030

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2009
Messages
2,334
Reaction score
1,306
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bradenton, Fl
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out with our company from Denmark to the beach today. While they were relaxing in the sun I decided to continue learning my new CTX 3030 which I recently purchased. I didn't expect to find much due to so many hunters have been hitting the wet sand lately. I got a really nice clear low tone even though the meter numbers were not what I expected to be gold. I dug up a very nice ladies 10kt. white gold Keepsake diamond ring. Made my day!!
 

Attachments

  • Tday 001.webp
    Tday 001.webp
    163.5 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 0
Very nice! Congrats and good luck with the new machine.
 
Another beauty, Les!

I wish you the best with your new 3030

Keep 'em comin'!

Lorraine
 
WTG Les, nice find, Cliff loves his 3030 and he hunts with it most of the time, maybe one of these days i'll get one. HH
 
Really nice find, seems like you have broken in that machine already.
:occasion14:
 
Hey Les, didn't your people from Denmark come down b4 and u found gold while they were there? Good score on the ring, she's a beauty!!
 
As if he didn't put a big enough dent in the florida gold with that Excal! He will have that CTX in "Gold vacuum mode" soon enough. Hope to see you at the next meeting with some nice finds. Good luck with it.
 
congrats on the new machine and your nice gold Les!
 
I have found that the CTX numbers up to 11" deep are pretty accurate. The detector does not show depths greater than 12" but it will signal on a target deeper than 12". However, at depths greater than 12" the numbers seem to bounce all over the place. HH, Beach Papa

I agree with what you stated CTX, however, the numbers are inconsistent for gold as it is an alloy
(mixture of metals). A medium size, 14K wedding ring may have the same numbers as the dreaded
US copper clad zinc Lincoln memorial one cent coin. I have noticed that such a ring will also sound like a
penny ( sort of raspy - like you are saying penny) on the (multi variable tone) of the Excalibur ll 1000.

Also, if you look at the Minelab videos on the CTX 3030, the numbers change when different size coils are used.



Also, they differ when different sized coils are used.

The one advantage, other than a slight increase in depth of the 11" coil over the 10" coil on a sovereign
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom