What's new

Good box of nickels

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped after work today and picked up a one box of cents, nickels and dimes. I quickly edged searched the dimes and didn't see any silver and found nine common wheats in the cents. Nickel box was better. Hiding in the box were 6 buffalo nickels. I think this beats my record for Buffalo nickels in one box. Only 3 had clear readable dates; the others had partial dates or a corroded surface. Top left to right(partial date 1925-S,partial date unreadable,1936)Bottom left to right(1918?,1928-S,1938-D). The 1938-D has a full horn on the reverse. I also found a 1939 that has some good detail. You can't see it in the pic but it has most of the steps. Even though it's a common date, it should find a place in my album. Thanks for looking,HH-MM2
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3750.webp
    DSCN3750.webp
    56.6 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCN3751.webp
    DSCN3751.webp
    62 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCN3755.webp
    DSCN3755.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCN3754.webp
    DSCN3754.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 249
Upvote 0
awesome and great photos too! sorry you couldnt add any dimes to that collection as well. man those old buffalo nickels are sweet looking.
 
Great box of nickels! Those kind of boxes really make for a good day. Congrats!

apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom