What's new

Good CW Bullet Weekend

JBnNC

Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
583
Reaction score
1,842
Golden Thread
1
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I spent a great weekend in Virginia digging Civil War relics. I left home at 4am on Sat. and was digging by daylight. The bullets were scattered and I was consistently finding one every few minutes along with the occasional cannon ball fragment. I ended day one with 68 bullets, several Williams Cleaner zinc washers and some small iron balls.
Day two found me back out at daylight....much less wind but pretty chilly to start out. My entire body was plenty sore from the previous day's digging, but after a couple of relics I was OK. I found about 30 bullets, a few artillery fragments, and the end of a bayonet scabbard tip.
I cut my digging time a little on day two to try to get permission on another good property....the landowner and I talked for an hour or so but because of trespassing in the past, he said no. I will still be writing him a letter to thank him for his time and will also include my contact info.
A wonderful weekend and I can't wait to go back.
 

Attachments

  • 102216 Civil War Finds 034.webp
    102216 Civil War Finds 034.webp
    485.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 102216 Civil War Finds 035.webp
    102216 Civil War Finds 035.webp
    559.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 102216 Civil War Finds 037.webp
    102216 Civil War Finds 037.webp
    294.4 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 24
Looks like a darn good weekend of digging. Nice skirmish site you got there... What part of Va if you don't mind me asking?
 
Amazing to say the least!!!You certainly found a spot overlooked by many.
 
man I dream of a month like that much less a couple days!!!
Awesome!! Congrats!!!
 
That's a great hunt! Sites like that are hard to find. I'm surprised that you didn't find a few buttons. I wouldn't think that site has been hunted to hard. Congratulations.

HH RN
 
Sweet! Quite a good little collection of cannister shot in there too.
 
Looks like a darn good weekend of digging. Nice skirmish site you got there... What part of Va if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks DigIron, it's not a northern Va. site....fairly close to Richmond.
 
That's a great hunt! Sites like that are hard to find. I'm surprised that you didn't find a few buttons. I wouldn't think that site has been hunted to hard. Congratulations.

HH RN

Thanks R-N, I don't find many buttons at this site....five or six buttons in maybe fifteen hunts.--JB
 
What a haul. Great work.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom