What's new

Good Day Today With Diamond Ring And Silver Chain

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2009
Messages
2,334
Reaction score
1,306
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bradenton, Fl
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the beach with my wife and my old detector this morning at a local beach. Ken and his wife met us there later and so did my cousin Ray and his brother in law. I found a ring with stones which I wasn't sure of it's composition which read inside " Hey Handsome. By the looks of it the ring has been in King Neptune's coffers a very long time. Later I dug up a heavy silver chain from the briny deep which also had been in Neptune's captivity a long time. After cleaning the ring weighed 6.5gr. and the stones tested positive as diamonds. The ring however was stamped P4SR which I had to look up on the web , it's composition is silver ,platinum, palladium and white gold. The silver chain weighed a whopping 98.2gr. Turned out to be a pretty good day for me.
 

Attachments

  • lky 001.webp
    lky 001.webp
    512 KB · Views: 303
  • lky 003.webp
    lky 003.webp
    122 KB · Views: 327
Upvote 0
WOWIE!!!

Les, that is some great detecting!:notworthy:

And great clean up on both!

Lorraine
 
Another BIG chain....what a killer les. Thats the second ring ive seen post in the last week with that mix of metal. Great keeper and even better discussion piece.

Dew
 
Awesome day for sure! Congrats!!!


James
 
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds Les. Thanks for sharing...
 
Nice finds Les! Way to go!
 
Just curious, if you would go to sell it, which metal would they base the price off of?
 
Great finds Les !!!! Would love to see before photos if you have them.
 
Great finds Cous!! Good seeing you, Ken and Vera!! Ray
 
Go Les.....or should I say.....Go Betsy!

Found this on a web site.... seems like P4 is mostly silver

Precious metal percentages in Platina 4
Silver: 80.2%
Palladium: 6.2%
Gold: .27%
Platinum: .12%

Cliff
 
Wow, what a day at the beach. The ring and chain would both make a good hunt by themselves.
 
WTG les your doing great on gold this year, HH
 
Nice finds that is one heavy chain congrats
 
Outstanding day out Les! Congrats on both of those fine pieces!!
 
Great finds! That chain looks pretty awesome.
 
Don't see too many chains that heavy...pretty ring too...congrats.
 
Nice finds Les :thumbsup:
I found a ring with the same markings last summer. Like you, I had to look it up. If I remember correctly, mine retailed for around $200.
 

Attachments

  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom