What's new

Good Day Today..........

  • Thread starter Thread starter LJ
  • Start date Start date

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on halves and a box of dimes. I picked up a box of dimes right a closing time from one of my regular dump branches. This is the bank with the free coin counter for anyone...even if you do not have an account there.

This box of dimes held 26 Rosie's...yes 26! I don't search dimes much but my previous best was 3 in one box so I am pumped. There were 6 rolls that each held two silver each.

Todays totals.......

Halves
4-64's
8-65's
9-66's
28-67's
25-68's
11-69's

85 Keepers

Dimes
47x1, 51x1,51-Dx1,52-Dx1, 52-Sx1, 53x1, 53-Dx1, 54x1, 55-Dx1, 56x1, 56-Dx2, 59-Dx1, 60-Dx1, 64x6, 64-Dx6
 

Attachments

  • P7100047.webp
    P7100047.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 297
  • P7100040.webp
    P7100040.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 286
  • P7100045.webp
    P7100045.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0
SWEEEET!!! I dime search when I can get halves...My best box was 16....Nice finds!!!
 
Great find!

I don't think I could pull that many in a year! Even if I did a box a week for a whole year.
 
LJ, is there anything you touch that doesn't turn to gold. I am so jealous. I hope I do good with my 3 boxes tomorrow.
 
All right, that's it, time to move to Lousiana...... ;D



Nice finds on the dimes, the 1955-D is one of the three toughest. Also the first by anyone this year.
 
I posted this....SWEEEET!!! I dime search when I can get halves...My best box was 16....Nice finds!!!


Should read "can't get halves" ooops....Halves are good...BUT finding a Merc in dimes is soooo cool. I've found about a roll of them. They are probably my favorite coin...Next to Walkers...I wonder why the mint is so insistant on ugly coinage...They should go back to the "old" designs....Probably expense...Coins used to be art work...now they kind of suck....How do you guys/gals cut and paste info from other posts that show up in grey?
 
Thanks all.

killerwine said:
I posted this....SWEEEET!!! I dime search when I can get halves...My best box was 16....Nice finds!!!


Should read "can't get halves" ooops....Halves are good...BUT finding a Merc in dimes is soooo cool. I've found about a roll of them. They are probably my favorite coin...Next to Walkers...I wonder why the mint is so insistant on ugly coinage...They should go back to the "old" designs....Probably expense...Coins used to be art work...now they kind of suck....How do you guys/gals cut and paste info from other posts that show up in grey?

Click on "quote" of a specific message and it will appear in your message. You can then type above it or below it. Try it out.
 
Nice box on the halves LJ.
26 in a box, thats unreal someone brought grandpa's jar to the bank!!

Keep crackin em.

CR
 
Your amazing luck contines LJ. I'll bet you'd have luck on quarter boxes! Congrats to the queen of silver.
 
Nice finds on the dimes! Those are the same rolls I found 11 Mercs and 10 silver Roosies out of only 4 rolls. I always go for the banks with the paper rolls because I know they can't be edge searched in the rolls.
 
Nice haul LJ especially on the Rosies. That's a fantastic number to fine at one time. WTG - keep the silver pouring in!!
 
Excellent Finds! Amazing you found so many silver Rosies!!! Usually only hear about finding one or two.

And... I must say.. the red in your fingernails brings out the silver in those coins! Love it!

:D
 
Wow! I'm jealous too. With that luck you should keep trying quarters too!

-Brian
 
Way to go LJ !

Whether it be halves or dimes; you've got the midas touch.

Keep paving the way for us mere mortals.
 
I think you would be hard pressed to remember a bad day!
Nice pics!
 
Great score LJ. How many halves did you go through for that yield? Please tell me it was more than 1 box. :o
 
Thanks guys.

packerbacker said:
Great score LJ. How many halves did you go through for that yield? Please tell me it was more than 1 box. :o

Yes it was for sure more than 1 box.....it was 4 boxes actually. Those quantities in a box days are gone for me.....now, to get quantity I need a bunch of boxes...lol. We just have to keep on plugging away.

BTW - I also checked a box of quarters and got the big ole skunkeroooooo..............
 
Whoa!!!
That is fantastic!!!
I might start doing some dime boxes now!
Conrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom