Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the center of Va . a good place to try . would be under play ground equipment at a school IF you are allowed to do so. lots of lunch money and even some jewelry can be found.

my first machine was the ace 250 . I found a ton of stuff with it at the old school yard , lots of silver coins , the school was from 1929.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well you got the kicked out part out of the way. Now you guys are ready ya go. I try asking permission before putting the coil to the ground.Good luck

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :hello2:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Parks and school play areas are a good start, especially for your daughter since targets good and bad will be plentiful. :icon_thumleft:

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fort Monroe, and Yorktown beach.....been both places. State parks and Historical sites most always off limits...common sense. Have to ask first or land a possible fine. As far as keeping the younger crowd interested: most kids when they find out how hard it is to dig and the work involved quickly run away from this hobby.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tot lots at parks or schools are easy pickings, do either of you have a pin pointer?

OP
OP
R

RAZRMeowMix

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent.

Welcome from the center of Va . a good place to try . would be under play ground equipment at a school IF you are allowed to do so. lots of lunch money and even some jewelry can be found.

my first machine was the ace 250 . I found a ton of stuff with it at the old school yard , lots of silver coins , the school was from 1929.

Awesome. Thank you for you pointing me in the right direction. I ordered a minelab GO-FIND 11 for my daughter and I'll take over the ACE 250. I am looking forward to sharing stories and finds with you.

OP
OP
R

RAZRMeowMix

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent point. It was hilarious. As soon as we unpacked the machines, the security guard came up and I knew the jig was up.

OP
OP
R

RAZRMeowMix

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. I found a bunch of bottle caps so I took one and wadded up a $5 bill and planted it just under the surface. Then I called her over and asked for help. HAHA she was thrilled. She just wants to hangout with me and I'll take that. Once she turns into a teen I fear things will become very different :)

OP
OP
R

RAZRMeowMix

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sir. No pin pointer yet. I will def be getting one but I got yelled at by my wifey for spending too much money haha

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sir. No pin pointer yet. I will def be getting one but I got yelled at by my wifey for spending too much money haha

well lets see how much yelling she does when you start finding high dollar jewelry. metal detecting is a hobby that pays more than it cost IF you put in the time.
A big fat diamond ring is out there waiting to be dug , will you be the lucky one to find it?

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Texas :wave:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread