What's new

good ole 30 year old garrett still kickin.

neal S.

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett // Garrett // Fisher Gold Bug
1871 Hopkins & Allen model XL#1--coooool find in yavapai county az. I love this hobby!!!!It never gets old. :blob10:
This was one of the first double action revolvers produced. The reasearch was fun too!
 

Attachments

  • untitled.webp
    untitled.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 937
Upvote 0
oh wow. Normally, I don't like guns, but even I think that's
a real beauty. Nice find!
 
CowboyKolo said:
oh wow. Normally, I don't like guns, but even I think that's
a real beauty. Nice find!
Imagine how i felt when the detector sang like a stuck pig!! thanks
 
WOW that is a wonderful find great job
 
Sweet!!
Thats in great shape.
I would fix er up and put it on the wall :thumbsup:
HH!!
Swingit
 
is that a .41?

great find...in the bradshaws? or verde?
 
wow thats a pretty badass gun,
sweet find!
 
Can it be made functional?
 
did it have shells in it?
 
Sonny Cancún said:
Can it be made functional?
I wish. I tried soaking it in lubricant, no good still locked up.
thank you hhta
NS
 
Sniffy said:
did it have shells in it?
no shells spent or otherwise. strange huh.
thank you,
hhta
N.s.
 
that's friggin' awesome! :o

LD
 
soak the pistol in marvel mystery oil..or atf...and leave it for a month or so...should loosen up the crud and rust...and not damage the patina...

real nice find. :thumbsup:
 
pippinwhitepaws said:
soak the pistol in marvel mystery oil..or atf...and leave it for a month or so...should loosen up the crud and rust...and not damage the patina...

real nice find. :thumbsup:tried that. it did not unlock it. but thanks
 
I found one like that ...........but it was only a toy.....................great find.....hope you can get it working......... :thumbsup:
 
Since it was found in AZ. I think the chances are good that maybe you can get it working. I'd soak it in something for a long time and just maybe, it might come alive
 
crazyjarhead said:
Since it was found in AZ. I think the chances are good that maybe you can get it working. I'd soak it in something for a long time and just maybe, it might come alive
You are right about the az. rust - it is just surface rust. I will try soaking it again. thx for your reply
HHTA NS
 
That is very neat! congrats :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom