Good start...

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Been a long week... Tried exchanging 4 bags of pennies at a different bank, and they had none to sell, just sent their change out a few hours before. So to even out, treated myself to dimes from my normal bank...and got skunked. Turned in my dimes this morning, somehow it ended with $0.42. Not worth saying anything since I've found like 12 dimes in my penny bags so I let it slide. Got some pennies, teller lumps the bag on the counter and I noticed some shine...
20180629_183131.jpg

Gonna be a good bag! Happy Hunting everyone, enjoy the weekend!

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Nice looking bag.

Not sure I understand. You tried taking 4 BAGS of pennies in to exchange? How much is in each bag? Are they rolled or loose? Around here a bag of cents is $50; that's a LOT of coin to expect a teller to take in/exchange. Is this something you have success with?

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice looking bag.

Not sure I understand. You tried taking 4 BAGS of pennies in to exchange? How much is in each bag? Are they rolled or loose? Around here a bag of cents is $50; that's a LOT of coin to expect a teller to take in/exchange. Is this something you have success with?

Not there, and pretty sure they weren't overly happy with me either... Knew I should've called ahead. But yeah, normally have at least 3 bags at a time (not dimes), dump once or twice a week depending on my schedule. Fortunate that the tellers at my local bank are incredibly nice to me, some have even taken an active interest in how I do, including the manager, so I lucked out. I do my best to be polite and personable, asked them what days work best on their end, am never in a rush. They even steer me into trainee's lines, gives them experience, have help moving the bags, and they know I don't mind. Also thinking it helps that I've pointed out two times their counter wasn't zeroed out prior to me, so saved them being off quite a bit of money, so my honesty got me on their good sides.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread