What's new

Good Weekend of Finds From the Woods

Jacobsdt

Full Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
805
Golden Thread
0
Location
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I followed an old road through some wood that have been giving up a lot of civil war bullets for me. I have been looking for a civil war hospital site that I have been told should be in there somewhere. But there is a lot of property that will take me a long time to go through. So far I am up to about 100 dropped bullets. No plates or buckles yet but these woods have been hunted for 30 plus years and I have heard of a lot of great stuff that has come out of there. Here are a few that I have found this past weekend.

20151031_170058.webp 1859 Indian Head. I love finding these. This year is the first year I have started finding them and this is my oldest to date.

20151031_165930.webp This was a nice surprise, It was hidding in the middle of a lot of 22 shells, glad I dug them!!!!

20151024_130502.webp Has anyone seen this button before. The back is iron and completely falling apart. Two piece. I found it right beside a J Hook and was about the same depth?

20151031_170157.webp 20151031_170301.webp 20151102_210058.webp Three Eagle Buttons, first two are Cuff and the last is a coat button, in rough shape.

20151101_190110.webp Not sure about this piece, about the size of a nickel. Found it a few feet off of the old road, my detector was screeming.

20151102_210148.webp Old buckle, very small one.

20151101_190248.webp Group shot of the rest. Horse shoes, and a lot of mini balls and musket balls.

20151012_120442.webp This silver spoon or fork was melted down, I tracked the maker to early 1800's.

Thanks for checking them out.
 

Attachments

  • 20151031_122140.webp
    20151031_122140.webp
    316.7 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 10
Looks like you had fun in the woods. Congrats on pulling all those relics and that fatty. :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom