What's new

Got a ACE 250, the headphones dont work??

saltfisher

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
82
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ephrata PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a ACE 250 just the unit itself. I went to radio shack and got a set of headphones for it, and got the 1/4" adapter since the headphones have the smaller male end, and the ACE 250 has a headphone jack of 1/4". I plugged them in and hear no sound at all. I tried turning it off, and even plugged a set of ear-buds I have into the adapter and still no sound. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks
 
You may need a male to female adapter to go from stereo to mono or vice-verse.The adapters are about 0.79 at the shack.Take the detector with you and try 'em.
 
The ACE 250 will only accept stereo ear phones. Monos won't work. Monty
 
Monty said:
The ACE 250 will only accept stereo ear phones. Monos won't work. Monty
The mono headphones will work with a 1/4" stereo to mono adapter(0.79 at radio shack).The adapter plugs into the jack and then the cord plugs into it.I have a setup like that.I run the cord to a amplified speaker,9v.The speaker fits in my shirt pocket.It's the size of a pack of smokes and has a volume control also.
 
Ok, daddy, never tried 'em that way. I got a set of mono/stereo phones and they will only work on stereo so that's what I was getting at. Didn't know you could get an adapter, but that's a good deal. Monty
 
I just checked the package the adapter came in and it says 1/4" stereo male to 1/8" mono female. Is this the right one?
 
saltfisher said:
I just checked the package the adapter came in and it says 1/4" stereo male to 1/8" mono female. Is this the right one?
If the cord from the phones has a 1/8" male end and the phones are mono,then it should work,providing the ohms of the phones are correct.I don't remember what the ACE states for ohm requirements for the phones.Is it 8ohms,Monty?
 
Just checked the package for the phones, and they are stereo. Someone up above said the ACE will not work with mono phones. So what do i do here?
 
If your phones are stereo,no problem,but if they have that 1/8" plug,then you need a 1/8"female stereo to a 1/4"male stereo adapter.
 
Ok just called radio shack and they have that for $6. I got stereo/mono and should have gotten stereo/stereo.
I will go exchange it and post back my results.

Thanks
 
Whew daddy, between us I think we got this one figured out! :D Monty
 
It worked!! Got a stereo/stereo adapter and it works great!!

Thanks guys
 
:icon_thumright:

I just purchased my first metal detector, Garrett Ace 250, and plan on purchasing headphones. All of you have clarified exactly what I will need. Thanks so much.
 
On a side note save your money next time and hit a Dollar store been using the same one for 3 year's now and was only a buck ,,,
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom