What's new

got a box of nickels what do I look for

bhali333

Greenie
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hey guy's I'm new to CRH and I picked up a box of nickels. Can someone tell me what to look for??

Bruce
 
Upvote 0
anything older than 1955, that's what i keep. '42-'45 are "war nickles", they have a large mint-mark on the reverse above Monticello and are partially silver. Anything older like a buffalo nickel or a V is obviously garbage and you should send it to me :p
 
Thanx,

I went through the first 16 rolls and got 6 pre 1955 with 1- 41, 1-45 and 1-46. I also got 1 buffalo Indian head with the date worn off. and a Canadian. I also got about
5- 2005 buffalo's but I threw those in with the clad, should I keep them?

Bruce
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom