What's new

Got a new type for my CRH type set....01-06-2009

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by my weekly pickup banks today.

Ended up with
1 - $1000 bag of quarters
1 - $1000 bag of dimes
1 - $200 bag of nickels
1 - $50 bag of pennies


Bag of Quarters
-------------------
I was originally going to do the state quarter survey with the quarters, but quickly upon opening the bag it was clear that someone had cashed in their roll set of state quarters (or whatever rolls they had) as there were many different BU state quarters in there going back all the way to 1999. Ended up with

6 Canadian (1974, 1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1988)
1 Dime

Bag of Dimes
----------------
1 - 1910 Barber Dime <---first ever lifetime barber dime and second barber coin this year already... ;D

3 - 1962-D Roosevelt dimes

6 Canadian (1979, 1980, 1984, 1994, 2003-P Uncrowned, 2006-P)
1 Foreign (Great Britain, 5 Pence (1994))

1 Button


And I'll report on the nickels and pennies when I get to them.
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on the addition. I have been thinking of starting a type set. Do you use a book, framed insert, or just flips?

65GT350
 
65gt350 said:
Congrats on the addition. I have been thinking of starting a type set. Do you use a book, framed insert, or just flips?

65GT350

Not actually creating a type set as a set by itself. Just a new type for me from CRH. :)
 
You say bag of dimes....how would someone acquire a "bag" my banks only have loose change or boxes.
 
HolyDiver said:
You say bag of dimes....how would someone acquire a "bag" my banks only have loose change or boxes.

Almost every bank in my area has a coin machine, so I buy the bags of coins once they are full and off of the machines but before they ship them off with their armored service.

Dimes (at least from this bank) fill up at $1000.

Not all banks will sell them even if they have a coin machine.
 
I wish there was a coin sorting machine nearby. The nearest coinstar charges an arm and a leg for every dollar, and I'm not willing to go that route. Any suggestions Gman?
 
HolyDiver said:
I wish there was a coin sorting machine nearby. The nearest coinstar charges an arm and a leg for every dollar, and I'm not willing to go that route. Any suggestions Gman?

The best approach is different in different areas of the country....it took me awhile to find what works best for me here.

You might try Credit Unions or call around to make sure you didn't miss one.....other than that...not sure what to say..if there are no machines, there just are no machines and you would be out of luck for buying bags.
 
Finished the rest of this batch

Bag of nickels
----------------
1 - 1941-S Large S <--still needed for my roll of this variety
1 - 1942-D <--still needed for my roll of this variety
1 - 1943-P War Nickel
1 - 1943-S War Nickel
1 - 1945-D War Nickel

49 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1939, 1940(2), 1940-S(3), 1941, 1941-S Small S(2), 1946(2), 1946-S, 1947(2), 1947-D, 1947-S, 1948, 1949, 1949-D, 1952, 1953, 1953-D(2), 1953-S, 1954, 1954-D(6), 1955-D(2), 1956-D, 1957, 1957-D, 1958-D(9), 1959, 1959-D(3))

15 Canadian (1982(2), 1983, 1984(2), 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1995, 1998(3), 1999)

1 Foreign (Singapore, 20 Cents (1991))

1 Penny

3 Namco Arcade Tokens


Bag of Pennies
------------------
14 wheat pennies (1934, 1934-D, 1937(2), 1944(2), 1944-D, 1946, 1950-D, 1955-D, 1957-D(3), 1958-D)

37 Canadian (1962, 1965, 1967, 1969, 1970, 1972, 1974(2), 1976(2), 1977, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1983(3), 1984, 1987, 1988, 1989(4), 1991, 1993, 1994(2), 1995, 1998(2), 1999, 2000, 2001(2), 2002(2))
 
Don't use those arcade tokens all at once! :BangHead:
 
HolyDiver said:
Don't use those arcade tokens all at once! :BangHead:

I actually have quite a stash of them starting to accumulate. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom