What's new

Got a silver, finally!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
4,507
Reaction score
10,482
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a coinstar this morning while waiting to load my box truck...got a nice handful, plus a canadian silver...1955. Update: just picked up a couple wheats...one a semi early date 1918...
.
 

Attachments

  • 20260317_111524.webp
    20260317_111524.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
  • 20260317_111509.webp
    20260317_111509.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
  • 20260317_111442.webp
    20260317_111442.webp
    913.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 20260317_144508.webp
    20260317_144508.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
  • 20260317_144605.webp
    20260317_144605.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
That's a very early Elizabeth II dime as her coronation was in 1953. They made 12,000,000 of the 1955 Canadian dimes, from 80% silver. The total silver weight of the coin is .06oz.
 
That's a very early Elizabeth II dime as her coronation was in 1953. They made 12,000,000 of the 1955 Canadian dimes, from 80% silver. The total silver weight of the coin is .06oz.
Fascinating....good to know! Thanks!
 
This post is timely. I was looking for mustard for my corned beef sandwich and couldn’t find it. Ran to the grocery store and checked the coin star machine. I have a pocketful of rejects. Can’t wait to check after my sandwich.
 
This post is timely. I was looking for mustard for my corned beef sandwich and couldn’t find it. Ran to the grocery store and checked the coin star machine. I have a pocketful of rejects. Can’t wait to check after my sandwich.
Nice, may you have silver in your rejects!
 
Outstanding Achievement…..
Lately the trays have been empty here..but I’ll take another look next time.
Thanks again for sharing
 
Outstanding Achievement…..
Lately the trays have been empty here..but I’ll take another look next time.
Thanks again for sharing
Thanks Billb! The coinstars have been sparse here as well...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom