Got a ton of bottles from the 50s and older today

treasure_hunter_1

Dec 14, 2023
IMG_0914.jpeg
I got many bottles here today southern vt. The dump looks to be from the 1950s at latest. I also got three marbles and some wheat pennies. I just started cleaning up the better items and I will post the up-close pictures soon.
Have a good rest of your day, Tommy

Upvote 11
View attachment 2134886I got many bottles here today southern vt. The dump looks to be from the 1950s at latest. I also got three marbles and some wheat pennies. I just started cleaning up the better items and I will post the up-close pictures soon.
Good work Tommy …nice finds
Keep a eye out for broken glass

Nice bottle action there, I have at least one or two just like that little green one there. Bottle digging is often the best for instant gratification, I actually posted a couple recent bottle hauls myself, got quite the collection going at this point. Great finds!

How can I view your recent finds?
Click on my profile icon, the little squirrel and a drop down will appear, in it you'll see a header called "messages" with a number below it. Click on that number and a full lists of my various posts will pop up. Scroll down the list until you find my posts. We can always follow each other too using that same drop down. I'll follow you if you follow me. I can pm ya some of the pics of recovered bottles, relics, coins and the like. I'm a bottle collector from hell, I have access to many old ones, I look for other old relics as well but bottles stand out as being one of mine and my girlfriends most outstanding hoards.

Last edited:
Click on my profile icon, the little squirrel and a drop down will appear, in it you'll see a header called "messages" with a number below it. Click on that number and a full lists of my various posts will pop up. Scroll down the list until you find my posts. We can always follow each other too using that same drop down. I'll follow you if you follow me. I can pm ya some of the pics of recovered bottles, relics, coins and the like. I'm a bottle collector from hell, I have access to many old ones, I look for other old relics as well but bottles stand out as being one of mine and my girlfriends most outstanding hoard
Thab
Click on my profile icon, the little squirrel and a drop down will appear, in it you'll see a header called "messages" with a number below it. Click on that number and a full lists of my various posts will pop up. Scroll down the list until you find my posts. We can always follow each other too using that same drop down. I'll follow you if you follow me. I can pm ya some of the pics of recovered bottles, relics, coins and the like. I'm a bottle collector from hell, I have access to many old ones, I look for other old relics as well but bottles stand out as being one of mine and my girlfriends most outstanding hoards.
Thanks for giving me some directions. Great finds. I like to do metal detecting as well👍

Thab

Thanks for giving me some directions. Great finds. I like to do metal detecting as well👍
I use a detector in the field but only a high end pinpointer if you can believe it, I use a regular detector surveying our property but because I carry a lot of recovery and recon tools when we're out adventuring, it's light, compact, discreet and fast. I usually use it super tuned for a little better sniffing range, I literally spot check areas that are very likely to yield fruit, debris piles, dump sites etc. and actually I do pretty good with it. We tend to move from site to site quickly and the finds are a range of valuable objects of metal relics, glass, valuable/exotic organic materials, ceramics, stones, bone and what have you. I like to think of myself as a general forager and I move like one. Treasure takes on many forms!

I use a detector in the field but only a high end pinpointer if you can believe it, I use a regular detector surveying our property but because I carry a lot of recovery and recon tools when we're out adventuring, it's light, compact, discreet and fast. I usually use it super tuned for a little better sniffing range, I literally spot check areas that are very likely to yield fruit, debris piles, dump sites etc. and actually I do pretty good with it. We tend to move from site to site quickly and the finds are a range of valuable objects of metal relics, glass, valuable/exotic organic materials, ceramics, stones, bone and what have you. I like to think of myself as a general forager and I move like one. Treasure takes on many forms!
That’s one of the best ways to search and to narrow down a good area. What detector do you have? I use the Minelab Vanquish 540 and a minelab Pinpointer.

That’s one of the best ways to search and to narrow down a good area. What detector do you have? I use the Minelab Vanquish 540 and a minelab Pinpointer.
In the field, where applicable, I use a minelab pro find 40. It has better sniffing range than some other models, I wear steel plated gloves that I can use to super tune it by adjusting my grip which can double the range on some targets. I typically won't be found digging past 5 inches, I go in for larger objects and I like to keep it quick. We tend to hang out in hard to reach locations, the more liminal and ephemeral the better. Long hikes into some back country abandoned old what have you. I like to be prepared for a variety of scenarios.

View attachment 2134886I got many bottles here today southern vt. The dump looks to be from the 1950s at latest. I also got three marbles and some wheat pennies. I just started cleaning up the better items and I will post the up-close pictures soon.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back