What's new

Got a tough one for you?

Nedhawks

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2019
Messages
46
Reaction score
73
Golden Thread
0
Location
South virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this quartz rock at a site that I have found many other full points. It should be noted that fractured quarts is not found naturally on this site. It is the reason i have found so many points here among the other rocks. This was found with many similar points in surry county VA near the James eiver. 20190725_211401.webp
20190725_211425.webp
20190725_211451.webpDo you think this is a point tip?
 
Upvote 0
I don't believe it is. There would be crossover flaking with flaking along the edge.
 
Possibly a tool, but not heavily used.
 
Found this today as well. But I'm pretty sure about this one.
20190725_214230.webp
20190725_214213.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20190725_214213.webp
    20190725_214213.webp
    390.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 20190725_214643.webp
    20190725_214643.webp
    256.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Not an artifact in pic1. Pic2 looks like a stemmed point with the tip broken off.
 
First one is a waste flake, second is a biface that broke late in manufacture. Looks like it was headed toward being a Savannah River point.
 
Pic two is a worked piece.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom