Got a Vintage 1980s Tesoro Golden Sabre like mine

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Got a Vintage 1980's Tesoro Golden Sabre like mine

No mine's a '90s Sidewinder and it's also one sweet machine. I'm guessing you'll be singing the praises of your machine all over the board.

rws51

May 12, 2009
Re: Got a Vintage 1980's Tesoro Golden Sabre like mine

I bought a new Golden Sabre back in the mid 80's and it was a nice detector. It found alot of coins and a few rings for me. Wish I had kept it but I didn't.

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still got my Royal Sabre in the van as a back up to the Etrac. Have the 4" and the 11" coils too. Paid 317.95 on 11/24/1986, still got the reciept in my detectors file...love it and pull it out occasionally to keep sharp on the "old-school" techniques.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Gold Sabre almost as soon as they came out. Two guys had just arrived back from the U.S. singing its praises ie notch out ringpulls and it sounded as though there was no price to pay for that ability. Took about five minutes to find out differently.

The Royal Sabre soon followed and was much deeper on my soil, so the Gold went. Really felt affection for the Royal but eventally sold it on and the guy who bought it was still using it when I last saw him two years back. No repairs in all these years and it must have paid for itself hundreds of times over.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one awhile back and found many treasures with it.
I am tempted some day to head back to a tesero machine. I am just waiting on a multi tone machine like the minelab SOV series from them.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have one, and my kid likes to use it. It's fairly simple, and what I really like about it is that when you have a target, you can gradually turn the discrimination up until it 'falls out', and then you know what you have. It saves digging a LOT of pop tabs.

My deepest coin was a Merc dime at about 11", just a whisper.

Oh, yeah, service for life as well.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny that Tesoro always seemed more appreciated in Europe than the U.S. and we had to pay way more for them and didn't get the lifetime warranty.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I sent mine in, it was no cost. Did they change that?

I gotta say that the tech guy was nice enough to send along a couple of TH articles. I can't say enough about Tesoro as a company. I think they're great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions