Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After cutting a tree down that I didn?t like from day one and trying to be Hercules I aggravated my sciatic nerve so I did what any detectorist would do and went swinging for an hour and now it hurts like hell know. I?m 52 and I swear I feel like 53. So I?ll show up and I get a three ringer on my first plug then I?ve got three little lead balls and then I tripped over a nice little coin spill a 97 Indian and a 97 V nickel. I?ll save the best news for last or electricity just came back on since the hurricane and for that I am grateful image-2021-09-08-19:40:27-413.jpg

Upvote 21
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Geez I only see one small problem with the whole hunt-you didn't stick with long enough to cure ya.
Detecting will either cure ya-or kill ya.
I'm still kicking so it's cured me more than once.
By the way-nice digs for the time spent.

Good to hear ya got one of life's biggest pleasures back-power.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is true there are times when you have to take that leap of faith well I cure you or kill you. Either you wake up or you don?t.

The real reason why I didn?t stay longer is I have a sciatic nerve that is killing me I mean killing me daily I thought Metal Detecting would?ve cured for some reason Like making me move on it. Wrong

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth..I am glad to hear that conditions are starting to get better and you are able to get back out there again

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth..I am glad to hear that conditions are starting to get better and you are able to get back out there again

I sure appreciate that bell with moving all the debris and getting my electricity back on after nine days life sure seems better. Unfortunately me acting like he man with these trees I pulled a sciatic nerve which is one of the most painful things I?ve ever had to deal with. Man it hurtsBut I will be out there soon

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure appreciate that bell with moving all the debris and getting my electricity back on after nine days life sure seems better. Unfortunately me acting like he man with these trees I pulled a sciatic nerve which is one of the most painful things I?ve ever had to deal with. Man it hurtsBut I will be out there soon

Lower back/hip pain is the worst, my friend.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was no more than 50 miles from my house and I think the Lord we are on high ground the only problem we have out here are large pine trees all over the place that bring down the powerlines. I wonder when they?re going to finally realize maybe they should put them under ground these powerlines have been like this since the late 1800s you would think we would?ve made some kind of leeway Screenshot 2021-09-13 at 3.43.11 PM.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread