gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to where I found my first large cent last week and found a penny token right off the bat and then a another large cent five minutes later. I can not really tell what the penny token is any help would be appreciated I do not dare cleaning them any further until I get any tips as of how to proceed. I believe the large cent is 1817 (my oldest coin to date):hello2: I also found a 1944 wheat and a couple of clads. I also had a really good 90 hit on my at pro but I did not get it. I dug three plugs but could not find it(my pin pointer was acting up). I was in a highly visable spot and did not want to dig too much so I will go back next week to try to retrieve it. I also skipped all mid 70's hits, for later hunts. I just did not want to dig too much at once. The spot is not going anywhere, Unless somebody else hits it. The one good thing about the lawn is that there really is not much trash most targets are 50 and up. I may have finally found a little honey hole. Hopefully I can find my first seated there. Thanks for looking. IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0134.JPG IMG_0135.JPG IMG_0136.JPG

Upvote 11

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the two coppers, hopefully you'll be able to fulfill that silver wish. Back in the eighties there was a team of guys that hunted a 400 acre park in the city I was living in, they dug nothing except the silver signals. In /98 I dug over a hundred silvers out of the park, so nothing ever is hunted out that bad.

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. From what little I can see, your half penny token is a Canadian, probably the 1813 For General Accommodation piece.

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks David That seems to be the general date for this lawn. I am guessing there really is not a way to clean it any more if I take too much off the detail of the token comes off with the dirt.

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepperj I was prying for a good silver hit today. And when I finally got one I could not find it. The worst is if I was anywhere else I would have dug until I retrieved it , but could not do that today. Next week I am going to dig a little bigger plugs and hopefully have a new pinpointer.

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again for the help, I looked it up and I believe that it is the Canadian 1813 half penny Token. That is the great thing about this forum.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice spot you got there. Not sure if it's a public spot but, if you are concerned about disturbing the sod that's good. Hopefully you'll get enough rain to saturate the soil and then I'd hammer the heck out of that place. Try very early in the morning if you want to avoid nosey neighbors. It can be a pain sometimes hunting public spots. Some folks just can't seem to mind their own business. Nice finds. Get the rest.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookin up for ya in that dirt....PICK it clean !! Congrats on the hunt..:thumbsup:

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks David That seems to be the general date for this lawn. I am guessing there really is not a way to clean it any more if I take too much off the detail of the token comes off with the dirt.

Well, old copper can be touchy to cleaning after a 150-200 years in the dirt. Best I could tell you is throw it in mineral/olive oil and let it set for a few months. What you have after that is what you get.

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
that was a good day to be a metal detector. love the large copper, and no hole in it. I have 5 of them and they all have a hole in them.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding your first LC !! It's a great feeling, enjoy and HH

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the two nice old coppers! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread