What's new

Got another hunt in!!

Digger RJ

Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2017
Messages
22,153
Reaction score
37,830
Golden Thread
1
Location
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Wife was doing CME’s at Our house so I took off to not be distracting to her. Went to the same Silver town I usually go to.
I landed a curb strip by an 1800’s home and walked catty corner across the street and landed a nice big yard permission. The owner said that it had been hunted 4 years ago or so. I powered up and took off! My first signal was a copper Penny. The next signal was soft and deep. Out popped a 1912 Barber Dime😳 Yes!!!
The next hour and a half I hunted there whole yard and found several fairly deep quarters and a bunch of copper Pennie’s. No Wheats. I did find a few dimes too. Kind of odd for being hunted before, but the Barber Dime was the only thing old. So thankful I got My coil over it.
I spent about 45 minutes hunting the curb strips and only got an old car. No old coins a few copper Pennie’s.
Silver#26fty!!! Thanks for looking and
IMG_1866.webp
Happy Hunting!!!
IMG_1865.webp
IMG_1863.webp
IMG_1862.webp
IMG_1868.webp
IMG_1869.webp
IMG_1870.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 48
Nice dime, especially from a place already hunted. That looks like a really big yard to cover in an hour and a half!
 
Nice dime, especially from a place already hunted. That looks like a really big yard to cover in an hour and a half!
Swinging the custom Legacy program
And only digging good solid signals:) I also didn’t waste time with Indian signals since it had already been hunted and the time I had.
 
Last edited:
Swinging the custom Legacy program
And only digging good solid signals:) I also didn’t waste time with Indian signals since it had already been hunted and the time I had.
Some people can do that…..I’m not one of them. Have gone into areas dead set i was going to cherry pick, then dig an iffy signal that turns out to be nice, I start digging everything (up to and including) pull tab signals.
 
Nice going digger. You did very good :)
 
Nice work RJ
Congratulations
 
Some people can do that…..I’m not one of them. Have gone into areas dead set i was going to cherry pick, then dig an iffy signal that turns out to be nice, I start digging everything (up to and including) pull tab signals.
It’s hard for me at times to do also, but sometimes I’m super limited on time for such an area, so I use the best hunting method to check for missed goodies in yards like this going fairly quick. And, I can always go back and dig all the signals I passed up on. I try to take very good care of any yard I hunt, and make a good connection with the homeowner to possibly come back.
 
Looks like a nice old home, and it provided a nice old coin !
 
Thank you also for the explanation :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom