got em working fer me -- the local store when they clean the coinstar catch tray

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
will be put it in a nice lil plastic tub for me :wink: :icon_thumright: --you see one of the gals saw me snag a item from the trash tray via the holes in the dump screen tray-- she came over to see what I was doing with the "claw" a mechanics pick up tool I use --it was a live 22 long rifle round * which I happily gave her -- (I had got a earring already too which I showed her --I said I clean out the junk tray removing "dangerous bullets" and keeping the "junk earrings" I find --(their not all junk --some are gold,silver and real diamonds :wink: ) later the manager stops to thank me for getting rid of that "dangerous" bullet --I explain to her its a "rimfire" and that a hard blow or getting caught in machinery could possibly set it off --she said she'll check it often --I said what do you do with the stuff from the dump tray when you clean it out -- oh the "trash" she said we just throw it out --I said can I have any lil items you find in it--sure she says ---so I got a cheapo lil plastic tray and they will stash it for me --ah the good life.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: got em working fer me -- the local store when they clean the coinstar catch

is this at publix?!
i :love4: publix!

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
a local winn dixie *

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
would be cool to see a pic of some of the items

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
besides the dump tray earrings and such--- the machine also has a magnet inside it-- in the coin feed tube that catches junk items and also "canadian coins" that stick to it --every so often they gotta clean the coin feed slot inside the machine or it jams up with "trash"--when they clean it out now guess who gets those lovely canadian coins? that right me . -- free canadain money !!! I saving it up then going mail it up in a box to canada to a coin store to buy silver with -- basically "free money" to buy silver with -- the US postage to mail it up to canada with I will pay for using my soda can "scrapping" change and the return postage is paid in "canadian" that being sent up --so no real out of pocket cost to me .--the girls that clean out the machines think of the canadian coins like "monoply" money -- like its not "real money" -- LOL

got $27 bucks worth so far. about 3 - 5 per week on adverage

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I retrieved a very small earring silver from the tray by making a hook out of wire the darn thing just fit back through the holes its tiny but silver also i got yelled at for doing it on company time :laughing7: :thumbsup: now i keep a eye out for small things in the bottom besides all the coins it rejects .Good Hunting Jim

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
in new york bet theres lots of canadain change in the feed tube that sticks to the magnet --offer to the change machine "cleaner" at work -- that"free" canadain change will sure add up fast.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
in new york bet theres lots of canadain change in the feed tube that sticks to the magnet --offer to the change machine "cleaner" at work -- that"free" canadain change will sure add up fast.
Lots of Canadian coins plus silver coins it dont like Merc or Rosie dimes either i have a coffee can filled with foreign coins from coin star

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
a local winn dixie *

Winn Dixie is great with those $10 discounts they give us everytime we shop there.

As for the coinstar machines, everytime I see one I walk over to them to check the tray. I've found many foreign coins. Last time I checked one I was quite upset. I could see a nice size gold figaro neck chain at the portion below the tray. There was no way I could get it out......wished I was carrying a paper clip....

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: got em working fer me -- the local store when they clean the coinstar catch

Amazing what one finds.

fishkiller41

Feb 19, 2010
Jupiter Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt. JP said:
ivan salis said:
a local winn dixie *

Winn Dixie is great with those $10 discounts they give us everytime we shop there.

As for the coinstar machines, everytime I see one I walk over to them to check the tray. I've found many foreign coins. Last time I checked one I was quite upset. I could see a nice size gold figaro neck chain at the portion below the tray. There was no way I could get it out......wished I was carrying a paper clip....

That's when U need Ivan's "mechanical fingers".. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yep I be a "hustler" --- however I'm not a thief * (I do have "standards" if I see a wallet and its got ID in it back it goes fully intact with any cash in it to the owner , if I see a person "looking" for a lost item and I see it --it goes back to them --- but cash or jewelry or a wallet just laying around on the ground with no "owner" in sight and no ID or way of IDing the owner * ( basically is first come , first served in my point of veiw) basically I roll like that .

yes one has to be crafty . :wink: ;D :icon_thumright:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fishkiller and Ivan agree with you both 100%

I do feel sorry for those that lose things. I know I've lost my fair share, but if no id and there's a twenty just waiting to be picked up that's being blown around in the wind, it's fair game at that point. :thumbsup: If I see someone that their purse has fallen and their money is coming my way I will do my best to help them because that is the right thing to do.....sorry for getting off subject.

The coin sorting/buying machines are great for finding money, free money. Also the vacuum cleaners at the gas stations or convenience stores have a lot of coins and other items just waiting for a new happy owner (I could only imagine what the container holds, I'm just talking about the outside of the machine). There was one that I used to stop at regularly and didn't go away with at least a dollar in quarters everytime.....free money for 2 minutes of my time.

Next time I see a gold chain under the sort box I will call a cashier over to help me retrieve my chain that I had just dropped ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread