Got me a Beaver Brand Squeeze box today. Any ideas on worth and age?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this accordion up this morning at our local thrift store . It says Beaver Brand made in Germany but that's about all i can find on it. Paid 35 bucks for it. Not sure if i will make any money or not but i took a chance. So, it looks and plays pretty good but i have no idea on its age or value.
Any ideas?

IMG_0887.JPG

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Saw a bumper sticker once. It said, "Dues Is A Gig In A Polka Band". That is a nice find. Beaver Brand antique late 1800's to early 1900's. Value? Depends on colletor. $100 on up. Your instrument is very, very nice. Guessing much more...

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I thought I read that right..... :laughing7:
I'll say, an unique and cool find, that's for sure.
No clue on value, age, sorry..... I'm sure someone will chime in with some info.
This is about all, that came to my mind, on the matter. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL love the video. I didn't see any squeeze boxes in it but the girls were pleasant to look at.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ammoman, glad you liked the video, lol. I like the song from long ago.....
when I seen Al Bundy on the video, that was good enough for me. :laughing7:
but, idk, :icon_scratch:
over 150+ ppl viewed the thread, and no one knows nothing about these things? :dontknow:
Do they even know what it is? :laughing7:

I digressed here, cause I just put a song from a Weird Al Yankovich album up,
entitled "Now That's What I call Polka", and I keep thinking about this thing. :laughing7:

The last time I saw someone with one, was on the boardwalk here on the beach, little Canadian band playing..... they were pretty dang good, too. 8-)
Other than that, like Austin said, Polka band? :dontknow: Don't they have them at some weddings, Bar and Bat Mitzvah's(*sp?)?
I mean, who pushes their child to learn that thing. :icon_scratch:
I never wanted to, cause it looked like too much work! :laughing7: and I'm just a little cat :laughing7:
I have always appreciated someone, able to master one of them things. Wish someone would know something more, or I'll hafta actually start researching it myself.... :BangHead: :laughing7:

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YAY!...thanks seeker....looks just like the one i have. I don't think i'll be making any money off it but it was 35 bucks well spent. Talk about a noise maker. I can't seem to put it down and its driving my wife insane!

LOL...Cat, i love Weird Al, i actually met him when i was a kid. He may be one of my biggest influences ever!

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its driving my wife insane!

Then it is priceless!

Look up 10 key models, (10 holes, like a harmonica) if you look on the other side, you will see the bass keys. With these boxes, depending on the combination, and the key, (these 10 button models are tuned to one key only) these are 'flavored' to a particular kind of music.

Typically this 10 key is the simple model, used in traditional Cajun or Canadian music.

If you want to play, think of a single row harmonica, with reeds, just like a harmonica, with blow and draw sequence, except instead of your lungs, it is the bellows!
Here is the sequence. (in C) Blow E G C E G C E G C E (notice no A, a common note) Draw G B D F A B D F A B

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread