Got me hooked

Vman1and2

Oct 6, 2006
DeSoto MO
Hello All, New member, reading these posts related to coin roll hunting got me hooked. I decided to go back through 30 or 40 rolls of coins I had set aside and ended up finding several wheats, a few pre-1960's Nicks, but no silver. No big deal, so I thought I would give the halves a try over the weekend.

I got up Sat morning and went to the bank at 9am, right as the opened. The main branch had no halves, but they did send me to the drive up. Asked for rolls, they had 5. I said, "I'll take them." As I am ready to leave I ask the teller how often they get rolls in, and she said, only when this guy brings us back the ones he searched for silver. She also said they have 2 bags at $500 each that he had brought in. So needless to say, no siver in my first attempt. But got a few for my whitman books, so no big deal.

I did call 3 friends of mine who happen to be bank tellers and asked them to keep an eye our for me. So hopefully I will find some good ones in the near future.

BTW, I did go through all my pennies and ended up with 4 rolls of pre 82. That is a start.

J

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread