What's new

Got my first metal detector today! im pumped!

eddie1278

Greenie
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Just receieved my Ace250 about an hour ago via FedEx. Even the delivery guy was like wow thats cool asking me all these questions about it :headbang: Im in Bucks County PA its raining like hell right now but tommorow its supposed to be nice out :hello2: Im in my bedroom testing it out putting coins on the floor and pieces of tinfoil messing around with the modes :laughing9:
 
Good luck with the Ace! Nice choice for your first detector.
 
from one newbie to another have fun an dont get to discouraged cause you will at times just dig what comes an have fun :icon_thumright:
 
WTG on your choice of detectors. I had only hear good things about the ACE will be looking for you posts on your finds....Matt
 
Picked a good machine. I got my Ace 250 last summer and it just about paid for itself. Takes some time to get use to it, but it is sure a fun machine. Keep us posted Shane
 
APPLAUSE

Congrats, and welcome.

Your going to walk out your door and turn on the machine. The coil goes to the soil and it will beep.

What was the very first thing you dug up? No matter what it was, it has to be the first thing!

Lets see a photo of it.
 
:hello2: I just got mine in the mail today too. A whites Dfx 300. Paid a little more for it but I needed a hobby that will get my lazy butt out of the house. Happy hunting.
 
Alot of the time the nickel signals will be foil, you might be tempted to stop digging them but don't.
I didn't start finding RINGS until started digging all the signals at and around the NICKEL mark.
There is a interesting video on You Tube that shows how to pinpoint using a method the guy calls DETUNING.
The detuning method lets you pinpoint to a much smaller area so you are not digging such big holes.
It takes a little practice but it works, instead of digging big holes now I cut a small three sided flap in the grass
and fold it back, it seems to be a lot easier on the grass and its neater then just digging a hole.
This spring I bought the Garrett Pro-Pointer and it works great.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom