Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well to be honest....my last hunt is at a spot no other hunters know about yet....that makes a huge difference. I think people look at this tiny swim hole and think no one goes there. The attitude is that this is such a small spot that it dosent see enough traffic to be good. Wrong....its been one of my best producers. Someone will eventually see the potential that I saw here and it will get hit by others....but right now I've got it to myself, and it gets a fresh drop each week. Also its a spot that the tourists don't realize is there. As soon as people see it they want to jump in....usually with all there jewelry on. I firmly believe I'm the only person to ever detect this little spot !!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well to be honest....my last hunt is at a spot no other hunters know about yet....that makes a huge difference. I think people look at this tiny swim hole and think no one goes there. The attitude is that this is such a small spot that it dosent see enough traffic to be good. Wrong....its been one of my best producers. Someone will eventually see the potential that I saw here and it will get hit by others....but right now I've got it to myself, and it gets a fresh drop each week. Also its a spot that the tourists don't realize is there. As soon as people see it they want to jump in....usually with all there jewelry on. I firmly believe I'm the only person to ever detect this little spot !!

Many of my better spots are just like this, also those dense shoreline trash lines that everyone avoids. I'd say 90% of my gold comes from these two types of locations.

OP
OP
RichsEquinox

RichsEquinox

Jan 20, 2021
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bart, Think I will do a little recon this weekend. The main public beaches get hit pretty hard by others detecting already.

OP
OP
RichsEquinox

RichsEquinox

Jan 20, 2021
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bigscoop, I need to get better at reading the shoreline and finding those honey holes that others don’t detect. Going to take the wife on a site seeing trip this weekend without letting her know its a recon for myself.

OP
OP
RichsEquinox

RichsEquinox

Jan 20, 2021
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks scruggs, That special place is a challenge but thats what makes it enticing for me to go out and find.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bigscoop, I need to get better at reading the shoreline and finding those honey holes that others don?t detect. Going to take the wife on a site seeing trip this weekend without letting her know its a recon for myself.

I have a very old trash line that I've been detecting for about 6 years now, still trashy and still turns up an old gold about 50% of the time and I've not even scratched "through" all shallower surface crap yet. Spots like this can offer you productive hunting for several years if you're willing to dig through all of the junk. :icon_thumleft:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya gotta think outside the box,if a place looks good to you,you know it,s gotta look good to someone else too.Look for the places that others don,t or won,t hunt.I,ve yet to get me a detector,but I,ve learned how to think like one from my reading on here.The best ideas and thoughts I get are from guys like Bart who look for the places others over look.I,ve got a note book full of nice spots to hunt that may or may not have any thing nice in the ground,but I,m gonna give them a try,you bet,my time if I want to waste it!

OP
OP
RichsEquinox

RichsEquinox

Jan 20, 2021
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bigscoop, appreciate the input. I have to admit sometimes I move on because of all the beaches around here thinking there is a good spot over there. So I move on and that keeps me from completing the beach area I was at, I need to slow down. But thats ok because Ill always have beaches to detect. And I dig everything, (I only started detecting a few months ago) and it dosent bother me cleaning up all the trash. The more I detect the more I keep learning about my Equinox 600 which is priceless. Also the input from all the folks like you here on Treasurenet is truly valuable and highly appreciated.

OP
OP
RichsEquinox

RichsEquinox

Jan 20, 2021
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks crashbandicoot. Believe me I have read a ton of posts and information here on Treasurenet and it has helped me tremendously. Before I start detecting and now almost every day I read Treasurenet since I got my Equinox several months ago. Hands on learning is where I learn and it didnt happen overnight for me, and I learn about it every time I detect. I have some disabilities that keeps me from doing what some of the folks do, where they detect, and how long. That’s ok by me, I have a great time every detecting hunt I do. If I find that gold ring or old silver that would be awesome and I hope I do someday, but thats just the bonus. I look forward to hearing about your detector when you get it and seeing your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread