What's new

GOT OUT THIS MORNING WHILE FAMILY SLEEPS

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a home site that I haven't been to in a year. Last time there found a few silvers. The yard is full of iron. But since I know my detector much better then last year thought I would give it a shot.
Nothing real old, but a great hunt and the winner for me today was this late 1800s University of Pennsylvania pin.
I really like it. And a few silvers and a big honking silver ring with some hallmark. Thanks for looking.
George
 

Attachments

  • 1441588449286.webp
    1441588449286.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 1441588461279.webp
    1441588461279.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 1441588471847.webp
    1441588471847.webp
    16 KB · Views: 157
  • 1441588482283.webp
    1441588482283.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 1441588507008.webp
    1441588507008.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 1441588521754.webp
    1441588521754.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 1441588543438.webp
    1441588543438.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 32
great group of finds George, is that pin silver??

I like that chunky ring, but have no idea what
the hallmark is, good quick hunt!
 
That silver ring is quite a beauty and the old pin is great too. A fine hunt.
 
Yes Chris the pin is silver.
 

Attachments

  • 1441588965084.webp
    1441588965084.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 141
Hey, that pin is awesome. Nice old lock face and that may be the biggest silver ladies' ring I have seen posted.
 
The Champion Six Lever lock face is actually pretty cool! That's a harder to find variety btw, the square face is atypical as many were the rounded type. Miller, the company that made those locks was based in Philly. Company was around from 1870-1930. Might be worth it to try that same area and see if you find more of the lock.
 
Hey, that pin is awesome. Nice old lock face and that may be the biggest silver ladies' ring I have seen posted.

Thanks Dave, thats the first thing I said when it came out. Thats a big girl!!!! Lol
 
The Champion Six Lever lock face is actually pretty cool! That's a harder to find variety btw, the square face is atypical as many were the rounded type. Miller, the company that made those locks was based in Philly. Company was around from 1870-1930. Might be worth it to try that same area and see if you find more of the lock.

I actually try to find the other half.
I found a round one last year all together that still moved a little.
Took it to a locksmith and he hot it working and made me 2 keys for it.
It cost 40bucks but I love it.
 
Don't matter if isn't stinking old, what counts sometimes is the great variety and that makes a hunt.
 
Hey man those are all great finds. Cool dime trifecta, and that pin is pretty neat! Looks like it was totally worth getting up at the crack of dawn and swinging lol! Some of my fav hunts have been really early, it's peaceful.
 
What is that lead thing all the way at the bottom? Nice finds man
 
Thanks Dave, thats the first thing I said when it came out. Thats a big girl!!!! Lol

I'm pretty sure Tylerbdad's wife must've dropped that one :laughing7:
 
Nice set of finds ..... here's a P item I found that I thought might've been from U Penn or Princeton as well. Love the little Derringer :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • CM Robbins Pin (front).webp
    CM Robbins Pin (front).webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 116
Three Silver Dimes, ( a trifecta), two really cool pieces of Silver Jewelry, a derringer, (Is it real??), and an old Champion Lock. Man you are too modest.
That's a great hunt. You should get up early more often. lol
 
Congratulations on some nice finds! When I was a kid I had a derringer cap pistol, like the one you found, except mine had red grips. I remember that diamond design, seems like it had something like engraving on it. Nice digging!!
 
I see relics, jewelry, & silver. Maybe I should talk my wife into sleeping a little longer ! Great hunt.
 
That's one big honking ring
 
Looks like a good hunt. Believe you got yourself a Hubley Cap Gun. Pictures are a tad to fuzzy to make out the diamond on the handle but it looks a lot like one I dug years ago except mine was red.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom