What's new

Got out with AMC to an old park and had some luck...

Jim C.

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2007
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Duane and I had some luck at a neat old park today. Only thing about "most" park finds is that the coins don't hold up to well. The same is true for what we found today.

I did manage a cool old seated dime, in rough shape. 1876 is the date. I killed a stained up 1912 Barber dime. I hate hitting em. Also got 3 Indian heads in pretty rough shape but hey, they count. It was fun detecting with Duane and I'll let him tell you what he found.
 

Attachments

  • 0712081.webp
    0712081.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 0712082.webp
    0712082.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 0712083.webp
    0712083.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 071208.webp
    071208.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 191
.Congrats. Their still nice finds. All I find here in West Michigan is "crap" at the local county parks. Nice job.
 
Hey Obie Wan! Glad to see you guys are out there hitting them and actually finding some oldies! That dime must not have pinpointed very well...it serves it right...maybe next time it will know better.

Got a call from an old friend of mine today (haven't seen him in over 30 years). I mentioned metal detecting to him and he told me he knows of 3 farms that I can detect...houses are falling down. I just may get up there this next week sometime.
The grass & weeds will probably be real high like they were at that last farm I went to but we will just wait & see.
 
kept1979 said:
.Congrats. Their still nice finds. All I find here in West Michigan is "crap" at the local county parks. Nice job.

Hey Kept, I don't know where you live but the Kent County Parks are off limits to metal detecting.
 
Hey Bob, thanks for the congrats. Hope ya find stuff at those farm houses. I love old home sites.
Hey, ya hear from Jack yet. He was supposed to get the explorer Friday. I'm sure he got out with it, wonder how he liked it? Jim
 
Jim C. said:
Hey Bob, thanks for the congrats. Hope ya find stuff at those farm houses. I love old home sites.
Hey, ya hear from Jack yet. He was supposed to get the explorer Friday. I'm sure he got out with it, wonder how he liked it? Jim

Nope ain't heard nothing. He's probably busy trying to figure it out. Isn't there quite a learning curve with the Expl?
I'm hoping that those farms have some treasure that hasn't sunk too deep for me. I'll keep you posted. Who knows, maybe I can talk the guy into letting me bring some friends...the farms are way up by Hart.
 
Hey Jim, Great finds! Looks like that seated might clean up, maybe with some electrolosis? I did get the Explorer Friday night and would'nt ya know I got a bug or something thats kept me at home most of the weekend, Been reading the manual alot and trying to familiarize myself with all the controls. Maybe this week I'll get it out and play some, but gonna stay off the old sites till i get a little confidence in myself with it first.I am sure I'll have a fistful of questions for ya soon enough! lol


HH
Slipperyjack
 
Thanks Jack, sorry to hear about ya getting the bug. Fire away with all the questions ya want. I'll be glad to help if I can.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom