What's new

Outlasting the frustration

PlzBSeated

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
503
Reaction score
4,934
Golden Thread
1
Location
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the schoolyard where I recently found a number of wheatbacks, IHPs, and old nickels. Figured there had to be some silver left in that schoolyard given the old coins I had been able to pull up. Well, a couple hours into it I was admittedly getting frustrated. Not much to show in the way of old coins period. But I had been pulling up a number of old brass pieces and older trash, so I convinced myself to stick with it. After about two and a half hours...BAM! There's that unmistakable shine of silver smiling back at me from a clump of dirt. And she was a beauty!

Barber Dime Obverse 080226.webpBarber Dime Reverse 080226.webp

Can still make out the Liberty in the headband. And the soil managed to keep her in good shape, no tarnish on her.

Finds 080226.webp

The other notables.

Hotwheels 080226.webp

And a toy car to boot. Who doesn't love finding a toy car?

Today's finds...

1899 Barber Dime
(3) Wheatback pennies 1917-S, 1928, 1952-D
Ornate suspender clasp
Piece of a watch winder key (I think)
2002 Hotwheels "Chapparal 2D"

PBS
 
Upvote 24
Went back to the schoolyard where I recently found a number of wheatbacks, IHPs, and old nickels. Figured there had to be some silver left in that schoolyard given the old coins I had been able to pull up. Well, a couple hours into it I was admittedly getting frustrated. Not much to show in the way of old coins period. But I had been pulling up a number of old brass pieces and older trash, so I convinced myself to stick with it. After about two and a half hours...BAM! There's that unmistakable shine of silver smiling back at me from a clump of dirt. And she was a beauty!

View attachment 2261522View attachment 2261523

Can still make out the Liberty in the headband. And the soil managed to keep her in good shape, no tarnish on her.

View attachment 2261524

The other notables.

View attachment 2261525

And a toy car to boot. Who doesn't love finding a toy car?

Today's finds...

1899 Barber Dime
(3) Wheatback pennies 1917-S, 1928, 1952-D
Ornate suspender clasp
Piece of a watch winder key (I think)
2002 Hotwheels "Chapparal 2D"

PBS
Great looking piece of silver. This hobby can certainly be frustrating, but as you noted, "Bam" a crappy day can change into a great day in a single hole. Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom