Got permission to hunt the beach!

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
I've been trying to reach the owners of our local beach, and finally managed to do it today. I took the afternoon off and headed down. I hunt with an Ace250 and decided to use the Custom feature and discriminate only iron. Had a great time diggin clad, and a not so great time diggin hundreds of pull tabs, hair ties, twist ties, and pieces of foil. I decided to change my line, and hit a quarter. Right next to it, I hit a piece of trash jewelry. I wandered down the beach a few feet, then looped back and got a decent tone at 2". I scraped the sand away from a nice necklace with a Christian fish symbol. Figured someone was guiding my hunt. I put it in my pocket and hoped for the next 30 minutes that I'd find a .925 stamped on it somewhere after I got it cleaned up. Brought it home and showed it to my wife and son, then gave it a rinse. Yes! My first decent jewelry find! And I've only hit about 1/4 of the beach so far.

Attachments

• nov 9-10 2006 004.jpg
    nov 9-10 2006 004.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 704
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice chain and Fish, great find. I can't wait to hit a beach with my ACE 250. I posted today under Silver and Copper hunt. These are my finds with my ACE 250 for the last 2 days. The ACE 250 is one awesome machine.

HH, Ringfinder

D

damz68

Cool, christian blingage.

I never knew that someone could own a beach. I was always told that the dunes could be owned but the beach itself was free to everyone. I was also told that a river can not be owned and anyone can walk a river without trespassing, but creeks and streams can be owned.

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Be sure to keep us up to date on your future hunts.
Johnny

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice necklace

OP
OP
mountainplayer

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
Thanks for commenting, everyone. Damz, the town I live in is 200+ miles to the ocean, so the beach here is on one of the local lakes. The way I understand it, I can fish the beach area from a boat all I want, but to actually leave footprints on the sand (which they paid to truck in!) I need permission.

Pretty cool, though, since it does limit the competition somewhat.

Gotta work for a few hours today, but I'm trying to figure a way to get back for a short hunt.

MP

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver and nice place to detect! Isn't that the Darwin fish? HH, Mike

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freshwater beaches are one of my favorite places to hunt. All the possiblities of a sal water beach without the falsing from salt mineralization. I hunt the freshwater beaches whenever I can. Nice necklace too, isn't that first nice find so sweeeet?? Congrats on finding it, now get back there and get the gold ring that's waiting for you!

W

willrich

I'd keep the chain but throw the fish back and hope that it grows up to be a 24kt gold whale (o;, just kidding, nice find

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, what Ide give to hunt the beach..Oklahoma just isnt close enuff. Nice find.keep it up!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions