Government auctions for scrap

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just out of curiosity, has anyone on here tried buying scrap of these government auction sites? ive been looking around and they seem to have a lot of scrap metal and computer parts on there. however i am just a little skeptical of those kind of website as my of them look like they could be scams.

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never tried it but many of the auction require mutilation of the scrap before removal which could be huge expense that is a good reason to be very carefull and try to buy stuff that does not require mutilation. Heck somtimes even truck parts require mutilation couldn't have some one builing a Humvee up from parts now could we. I am not so worried about scams since you can visit the base with the scrap and inspect it before hand.
I know the scarp brass cartridege case generally go for more then scrap brass prices as they are sold for reloading fortunantly they do not require mutilation on under 20mm. But they are sold with a lot of other restritions and in huge lots so only big players can play.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread