GPAA vs. LDMA ??

so.cal.dan

Jan 30, 2009
California
Hi all,

I'm new to treasure hunting/prospecting. I live in So Cal (Bell Gardens) and I am looking to join a cub. There is a club in Downey that I plan on joining, "Prospector's Club Of So. California".

I am also thinking about joining one of the big associations, GPAA or LDMA, but can't decide which one to join. Can anyone tell me if one is better than the other, or what the differences are? The LDMA is quite a bit more expensive ($300) that the GPAA ($60), but they also have more claims to work on. Is that the only difference?

Any help would be truly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan G.

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
If you belong to GPAA you get their claims book and whatnot. You cannot use their facilities that belong to the LDMA. The only time you can is when they have a common dig and that costs money. If you join the LDMA, you get to use all of their properties and camp their for a couple of dollars a day. You get reduced costs for their outings and also if you go to their Cripple Creek camp in Nome, Alaska. Have been a meber for 7 years and switched to the LDMA after 1 year. You can pay on time with no interest after a deposit. They are great people and you will have a good time if you don't mind getting a little dirty. Have been to their Alaska camp and it is a one of a kind experience. It just depends on how much you travel and how much you will use it. Good Luck

destobrat

Jun 18, 2007
Modesto, Ca
If you join LDMA you get GPAA at no additional cost. We camp at LDMA properties at zero cost for up to 4 months. We bought the lifetime membership for LDMA at one of the gold shows, have both LDMA & GPAA and make monthly payments that are only $30.00. We have the claims guide book for GPAA too. The common dig costs for LDMA is much lower than GPAA ($60 vs $100 for 3 days)

Mr. Seeker

May 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dan ,

I just joined the LDMA, life time .. They have a special on new members right now. I've been a member with GPAA for a few years. What they want for a membership
(life time) if your join the LDMA life time club you will also be a life time member of the GPAA . You get two for one and a gift. Check out their site to me it was worth
it.

The seeker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread