What's new

GPS app for Public/Private Lands

jza01701

Full Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2016
Messages
128
Reaction score
69
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check out onXmaps Hunt.

GPS for mobile telephones.

Lists public/private/government lands with GPS, maps, and owner information by state.

I love it.
 
good reminder for those that didn't see the recommendation on some prior posts. Yes, great smart phone app.

Confusing to navigate at first. And because it's digesting SEEEOO much information (the entire country's county assessor records??), it sometimes takes time to focus, show text, etc.....

It's free for the first week or so. But after that, it costs. But very cheap (I forget, something like $19 for a year?).

The private property landowner name it will give, is only whosever paying the property tax (ie.: on the assessor rolls). So sometimes that's only a cryptic corporation name, or financial trust, or some such thing that's not an actual person's name. But it's still a step in the right direction.

And the gps as-you-walk and move is great! I actually used it to find metal property markers on a friend's property. Once my "x" was hovering right at a corner, I turned on my detector, and found it within 5 ft. of where I was standing !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom