What's new

GPS help and is it worth

dandut46

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2013
Messages
280
Reaction score
131
Golden Thread
0
Location
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to get a handheld GPS for woods detecting , looking for what kind ,how there used,and added cost or should I stick with the compass ,which I for get from time to time.any help thanks
 
Hey dandut46
Depends on your purpose. To keep from getting lost, a simple compass or Bushnell Trackback (see " A WALK IN THE WOODS/LOST?" post by FRANKN) will work. If you want to record/grid locations of your finds , a little more sophisticated GPS could be used.
 
Last edited:
Hey dandut46
Depends on your purpose. To keep from getting lost, a simple compass or Bushnell Trackback (see " A WALK IN THE WOODS/LOST?" post by FRANKN) will work. If you want to record/grid locations of your finds , a little more sophisticated GPS could be used.

Mainly to find my location in the area I'm at or how much further to my destination.thanks for reply
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom