What's new

GPS

frankly

Greenie
Joined
Nov 7, 2013
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Home built.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive but quality gps handheld unit?
 
I truly suggest that you do not go too cheap, as you will not be satisfied once you know how to use it and begin to realize it's limitations. On ebay, if you watch, you can get a Garmin Oregon 450, top of the line unit brand new for about $180 delivered.
 
Thank you. $180 is about what I would like to spend.-
 
Thank you. $180 is about what I would like to spend.-

It's a great unit, I purchased one after doing a lot of research, a couple of months ago. It's loaded with features and has a touch screen for operation. That's the one I suggested above - Garmin Oregon 450
 
I use my cell phones GPS.
 
I use my cell phones GPS.

That's interesting. I am not familiar with cell phone GPS units. Are they simply for finding you way or do they store way point, have a compass and an altimeter? Simply speaking, do they have the same features as a quality hand held GPS?
 
"Simply speaking, do they have the same features as a quality hand held GPS"

...which is, they will get ya lost, if this is your only navigation tool!:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom