Grafton - Cheat Mountain WVA

Sharecropper

Feb 27, 2009
I have begun research in the early stages of the War, trying to understand how things came together before the heavy fighting took place. I would like to collaborate with someone knowledgeable about the troop movements of the Union and Confederate forces between Grafton and Cheat Mountain West Virginia during the summer and fall of 1861. If you are familier with this area and would be willing to share information, please let me know. I would also like to know if there are any books available on this time period and geographical area.

Any help will be appreciated.

Upvote 0

howardgooden

Aug 29, 2011
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE,Fisher F2,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have begun research in the early stages of the War, trying to understand how things came together before the heavy fighting took place. I would like to collaborate with someone knowledgeable about the troop movements of the Union and Confederate forces between Grafton and Cheat Mountain West Virginia during the summer and fall of 1861. If you are familier with this area and would be willing to share information, please let me know. I would also like to know if there are any books available on this time period and geographical area.

Any help will be appreciated.

I actually live really close to rich and cheat mtn battlefields. There are a couple books you might want to check on, Rebels At. The Gates, author Hunter Lesser. Middle ground is also another good book that takes you from rich mtn to cheat and beyond.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread