Grandparents, female neighbor bring down five Florida burglars

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grandparents, female neighbor bring down five Florida burglars

November 30, 2013*by*Michael Dorstewitz*2 Comments

Five young burglars, ranging in age from 18 to 26, were no match for a couple of Florida grandparents and a female neighbor. But then again, gramps had a firearm, and the neighbor was a former boxer.

“I knew I couldn’t shoot them,”*Ira Roberts*told*WESH-TV. “Legally you can’t shoot them when they’re running away. So I pumped one into the ground. Which was good, it alerted all my neighbors.

This occurred Tuesday afternoon after Roberts and his wife noticed the five break into the mother-in-law suite attached to their main house. And the sound of the gunshot alerted*Beverly Rose, a 44-year-old former boxer who lives across the street.

“I did make a comment to him, how he liked being caught and tackled by a 44-year-old woman; he just kept shaking his head,” said Rose.

The remaining four suspects were later identified, arrested and charged with burglary and theft. One of the four, who ran by authorities but was brought down by a police dog, was also charged with resisting arrest without violence.

Grandparents, female neighbor bring down five Florida burglars - BizPac Review

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm never going to move to Florida, there is entirely tooooooooooooooo much violence there.

It was my understanding you already live here..

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread