What's new

Gray ghost headphone purchase and installation questions.

rons1947

Full Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
197
Reaction score
317
Golden Thread
0
Location
Palm Bay,Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The headphones on my Excalibur 2 are in need of replacement.I would like to get them replaced with some Gray Ghost under water headphones.Who should I contact to have this done? Is there some one here in Florida who does this and what is the cost? Thanks in advance for your help.
 
Upvote 0
I have replaced several, however I do have NASA micro-miniature repair training. To do a good job it takes me about 3-5 hours including curing time for the epoxy layers. It is not a DYI task. You can buy a replacement end cap with a water proof connector and a matching water proof connector for the headphones. Two set screws and the end cape is replaced; take care of the O-ring as you would on any O-ring - clean and a bit of silicone grease. then if you get the mating connector it is not difficult to put it on the GG Headphone, if you don't get it already installed. P.S. I am loving my GG headphones on the Garrett ATX, ATPro and Infinium detectors.
 
rons 1947, check with Stroker x1 on this forum , he lives in Ft. Myers,Fl. and work on detectors
 
Last edited:
Barry in Kellyco's Minelab repair center changes them out, he did both of mine and they are in Orlando. Kellyco has the headphones too...

Just call Kellyco and ask to speak to Barry in their Minelab repair center....
 
Barry done mine also.Over a year ago.Great job
 
Barry did a great job on mine too. I now have to learn the tones all over again since the grey ghost has changed the original ones .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom